Movies (Must Watch: The Hangover)


Thoughts on:

The Hangover — I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard watching a movie, so I'm spoilt. The bar for comedy movies is set high for me now (or maybe low). If you haven't already, go watch it. Today. Now.
He's Just Not That into You — This, too, is hilarious and a must-watch.
Confessions of a Shopaholic — I wish the movie had been adapted more closely to the book. Plus, I've always had Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Aniston to play Luke and Becky in my mind (too old?). I do think Isla did a good job as Becky, though. Each time I see her, I'm reminded again that there's no way I'm going to watch Borat and Bruno.
The Proposal — Here's the thing, the story doesn't make sense because how do these two people with these backgrounds, personalities and circumstances even function in the same space, let alone fall in love? But it's also easy and predictable because this is a romantic comedy. Watch it to relax or if you want to stay put for two hours, numbing yourself.
Angels & Demons — If we have to compare, I love The Da Vinci Code more, but I’m here for its scale, details, props and Tom Hanks.
Burn After Reading — Watch this if you really like dark comedy and have loads of coffee.
How to Be — Mostly, I just don't get it.

Image: Warner Bros. Pictures

Comments