MagDreary
I promised myself to spend Friday and the weekend to catch up on some work-related reading materials that mostly have never been touched since they arrived. I receive almost 30 of those every year and have yet to read the updates on what happened in the industry in 2007.
When I first started working in the line, I was kind of eager and looking forward to reading them, all fired up to equip myself with the latest tips and knowledge. I forgot at which point the eagerness turned into 'coaxing myself to read so I'd be better equipped' and turned again into 'forcing myself so I'd be better equipped'. Nowadays, I just pretend that I like them... (Dear publications, this works better if you mail me plane tickets instead.)
Thinking about it, I actually have given up the fun magazines as well for quite some time -- the Harper's Bazaars, the Females, the Cosmos, those shiny, pretty magazines. No, I haven't given up inspecting all the pretty stuff in the world yet, I just dig most of them from E! now.
Back to the work magazines, the plan to read them all over the weekend has resulted in me sending most of them out to the recycling centre instead. I know they'd do more good without me ♥️.
When I first started working in the line, I was kind of eager and looking forward to reading them, all fired up to equip myself with the latest tips and knowledge. I forgot at which point the eagerness turned into 'coaxing myself to read so I'd be better equipped' and turned again into 'forcing myself so I'd be better equipped'. Nowadays, I just pretend that I like them... (Dear publications, this works better if you mail me plane tickets instead.)
Thinking about it, I actually have given up the fun magazines as well for quite some time -- the Harper's Bazaars, the Females, the Cosmos, those shiny, pretty magazines. No, I haven't given up inspecting all the pretty stuff in the world yet, I just dig most of them from E! now.
Back to the work magazines, the plan to read them all over the weekend has resulted in me sending most of them out to the recycling centre instead. I know they'd do more good without me ♥️.
Comments