Parents' Place: Where the Food Is Nice and the Laundry Is Signed, Sealed, Delivered
I'm starving myself today.
(There won't be any calculator and calorie spreadsheet very-long-it-could-reach-Nepal today.)
I spent the three-day weekend at home (my parents') and gained almost two kilos from that. It was nice that we got to spend time catching up especially with my mother. I noticed she finally managed to sit and talk to us longer than five minutes. Usually, she'd be busy in the kitchen while we, err, would be in the living room, doing some equally important stuff. Don't blame me, you don't want to eat what I cook.
So, besides being productive with movies, card games, computer games, and sleeping in (in front of the TV), I helped my mother with some grocery and paint shopping. She's adding another two bedrooms to the house. We'll have eight now... while we're not home that often and usually end up having slumber parties in one room anyway. Ok, I should just bow and say, "Thank you, parents."
My father is getting quieter by the day. Phew, I almost forgot how to talk to him. I tagged along with him everywhere when I was little. Maybe he needs some peace. We are a bunch of noisy kids and grandchildren. But that doesn't mean we are not spoiled by him. He's a good cook, funny, creative, and he does the laundry. Now I sound like an abuser. But that's his thing. He'll put the laundry into the washing machine and sometimes hang it up as well. I think we shouldn't take a chore away from an elderly parent.
(There won't be any calculator and calorie spreadsheet very-long-it-could-reach-Nepal today.)
I spent the three-day weekend at home (my parents') and gained almost two kilos from that. It was nice that we got to spend time catching up especially with my mother. I noticed she finally managed to sit and talk to us longer than five minutes. Usually, she'd be busy in the kitchen while we, err, would be in the living room, doing some equally important stuff. Don't blame me, you don't want to eat what I cook.
So, besides being productive with movies, card games, computer games, and sleeping in (in front of the TV), I helped my mother with some grocery and paint shopping. She's adding another two bedrooms to the house. We'll have eight now... while we're not home that often and usually end up having slumber parties in one room anyway. Ok, I should just bow and say, "Thank you, parents."
My father is getting quieter by the day. Phew, I almost forgot how to talk to him. I tagged along with him everywhere when I was little. Maybe he needs some peace. We are a bunch of noisy kids and grandchildren. But that doesn't mean we are not spoiled by him. He's a good cook, funny, creative, and he does the laundry. Now I sound like an abuser. But that's his thing. He'll put the laundry into the washing machine and sometimes hang it up as well. I think we shouldn't take a chore away from an elderly parent.
Comments