#834 on a Monday
If my motivation level for work had a chart, it usually would shoot off the roof on Mondays -- I'd wake up the earliest, start making plans before I fully open my eyes and be on the go all day. I'd be a different person on Mondays, you wouldn't even recognize me.
Tuesdays usually follow what happens on Mondays. If things go smoothly and I'm not distracted by stuff, Tuesdays should be a good workday too.
While Fridays -- Fridays are the days I turn into a school kid an hour away from a long-term break. Sometimes I even forget to bring my work bag up to my apartment.
I'm positive this year is going to be one of the most interesting years I've ever had. As much as I don't want it to be true, I don't think I'm going on any vacation this year. I went for a couple of short trips in the first half of last year. They were pretty fun. Then, towards the end of the year, I started cancelling plans. It's disappointing, but there's a lot more important stuff that I have to prioritize at this moment. Making sure I won't get evicted, for example? Yes, that's pretty important I suppose.
I hope I won't have to go to that extreme, but the bottom line is, vacation is now sitting at No 834 on my list, somewhere between excessive clothes and expensive meals that I don't need. But never underestimate the power of splurging on things that you like. I swear I once worked the hardest during the week I went shopping every day after work. But now I would like to believe that I've come a long way and I'm done being driven by shoes and clothes. Yes, that's right (if you could also forget that I was the same person who got excited discovering polyvore.com just last week).
(So ask me again on Friday.)
(Or tomorrow.)
Tuesdays usually follow what happens on Mondays. If things go smoothly and I'm not distracted by stuff, Tuesdays should be a good workday too.
While Fridays -- Fridays are the days I turn into a school kid an hour away from a long-term break. Sometimes I even forget to bring my work bag up to my apartment.
I'm positive this year is going to be one of the most interesting years I've ever had. As much as I don't want it to be true, I don't think I'm going on any vacation this year. I went for a couple of short trips in the first half of last year. They were pretty fun. Then, towards the end of the year, I started cancelling plans. It's disappointing, but there's a lot more important stuff that I have to prioritize at this moment. Making sure I won't get evicted, for example? Yes, that's pretty important I suppose.
I hope I won't have to go to that extreme, but the bottom line is, vacation is now sitting at No 834 on my list, somewhere between excessive clothes and expensive meals that I don't need. But never underestimate the power of splurging on things that you like. I swear I once worked the hardest during the week I went shopping every day after work. But now I would like to believe that I've come a long way and I'm done being driven by shoes and clothes. Yes, that's right (if you could also forget that I was the same person who got excited discovering polyvore.com just last week).
(So ask me again on Friday.)
(Or tomorrow.)
Comments