Tricky
Over a dinner, two friends and I talked about the so-called annual getaway that we apparently owe ourselves. We also talked about the year we drove north and the following year to the east coast -- the clear green and blue water and its beautiful creatures beneath. I still laugh looking at all my the ugly pictures.
So I reminded them again of the ticket on sale that I saw on the internet.
One of them suggested we wait until next year; she's just bought an apartment.
Right.
(Maybe I'm secretly missing the few spur-of-the-moment trips that I had with another friend with only the clothes on our backs. Some things are better not repeated, I guess.)
I get it. Priority.
Plus, work can't just be left with a short notice, says another friend. I should get that too. I was once that person who left the office at midnight and was back at her desk at 4 in the morning.
Should I just go and travel alone, then? (And the furthest that I've ever ‘travelled’ on my own was to... Singapore.) Touring or shopping by yourself sounds perfectly alright, but swimming and running around at a beach? I'm not so sure.
So I reminded them again of the ticket on sale that I saw on the internet.
One of them suggested we wait until next year; she's just bought an apartment.
Right.
(Maybe I'm secretly missing the few spur-of-the-moment trips that I had with another friend with only the clothes on our backs. Some things are better not repeated, I guess.)
I get it. Priority.
Plus, work can't just be left with a short notice, says another friend. I should get that too. I was once that person who left the office at midnight and was back at her desk at 4 in the morning.
Should I just go and travel alone, then? (And the furthest that I've ever ‘travelled’ on my own was to... Singapore.) Touring or shopping by yourself sounds perfectly alright, but swimming and running around at a beach? I'm not so sure.
Comments