Thank-God-I-Survived-the-Day

There is this movie that I don't remember the title. It's the story of two women whose supposedly ordinary day goes all wrong, starting by only missing the freeway exit to work. It ends with one of the women dead, shot by the other, who loses a leg when their cars collide.

Last Friday, I had a challenging (and very long) day too. It included a tricky puzzle that I had to text three people for an answer, "Can a motorcycle and a car share the same plate number?", a two-hour drive on an unfamiliar road in the heavy rain with one missing contact lens, and another hour of complete loss of direction.

Thank God I'm still alive and I didn't shoot anybody either. (I'll spare you the other details.)

But Saturday was ok. I had dinner at TGIF and a little shopping with my siblings.

Anyway, back to the movie -- ever since I watched it, whenever I see a real life scene of two strangers wanting to strangle each other, I can't help but have this picture in my mind that perhaps given a different situation, these two could have been best buddies.

(If you happen to know the movie's title, please let me know.)

Update Jan '09: It's Last Exit. Go watch it.

Comments