Bite Me
When a relationship (of any type) ended in a not so pretty way and when I thought I wouldn't see the other party ever again for the rest of my life, I was wrong. Before I knew it, I'd be cornered with the all-delightful reunions.
Trying (or faking) to be nice is a hard, tiring work. Should I put on my biggest smile and pretend to be impressed with the latest of the other party's life, or should I just take flight from the scene without a word and once again act like 12.
It's much easier if it's with someone I don't bother 'winning' against. In fact, it's only tricky when it involves someone who I want to appear nonchalant to while subtly saying, "Oh, you don't threaten me one bit" or "It's your loss".
And things would get much funnier when we'd (not so) secretly give each other a once-over during the first few moments of the meeting, scrutinizing the other party from head to toe, looking for scratches or whatever tiniest flaw just to make us feel like we'd won part of the unspoken battle. No kidding, I dress up more for such meetings than any other. Insecure? Eh, I don't care.
Trying (or faking) to be nice is a hard, tiring work. Should I put on my biggest smile and pretend to be impressed with the latest of the other party's life, or should I just take flight from the scene without a word and once again act like 12.
It's much easier if it's with someone I don't bother 'winning' against. In fact, it's only tricky when it involves someone who I want to appear nonchalant to while subtly saying, "Oh, you don't threaten me one bit" or "It's your loss".
And things would get much funnier when we'd (not so) secretly give each other a once-over during the first few moments of the meeting, scrutinizing the other party from head to toe, looking for scratches or whatever tiniest flaw just to make us feel like we'd won part of the unspoken battle. No kidding, I dress up more for such meetings than any other. Insecure? Eh, I don't care.
Comments