Survivor 30, Episode 7
"THE LINE WILL BE DRAWN TONIGHT"
Right after last tribal, Mike, who knows the importance of reeling people back to him, does some damage control exercise with Rodney for leaving Rodney out of Joaquin's vote. Rodney tells Mike he was "just putting on his DeNiro" to the other side. So, is Rodney Tom Brady or DeNiro? We aren't sure. For now, though, Rodney also admits that he's just going to be Mike's bitch.
They merge the next day. They stuff their faces with food, gossip about Joaquin and start over with a new shelter at the Escameca beach.
And I can't really keep track of the alliances at this point. The most random one, rallied by Rodney, who wants to seek revenge for Joaquin, includes Carolyn, Will and Kelly. I don't care about his reason, but I did pause for a few seconds, processing this combination and the fact that those three didn't seem to dismiss the idea either.
Dan gets stung by a jellyfish the next day, and Jenn asks him to put his foot in hot water. Thankfully, he just pours the water on his foot instead. (The last time Jenn gave a stinging-related medical advice, she got Max to put his feet in their rice pot.) Shirin asks to pee on it. Normal days.
The return of the good lines:
"Oh my goodness. We have the worst tribe name in Survivor history. We didn't go for America. We dropped the A and went for Merica."
"I'm horrified and embarrassed."
"I think even Sarah Palin, all kinds of crazy crap comes out of her mouth, I never heard that woman call America 'Merica'." - Shirin, complete with eye roll and finger point. The. Best.
Meanwhile, somewhere on the island, Mike giddily announces "Merica!" to the world, and Hali passionately says something about criminal defense, Merica's government blueprint and constitution.
Honourable mention:
"This is the make-up sex, brother." - Rodney, explaining to Mike what patching up an alliance after tribal means.
Since they are back together now, Mike plots with Rodney to vote Joe out. But when Joe wins immunity, they shift their target to Jenn to break her and Hali up. Mike, who wants to court Will to the Blue Collar's side, tests Will's loyalty by falsely telling him that the target is Hali.
Is it smart, though, Mike, for you to test Will like that? Just to be what? Your number eight? Find the light, Will. Make something for yourself. Let these people know what happened to Vince when he questioned your health.
Tyler and Carolyn are smart to hide their alliance. And Tyler tells both sides of the tribe about his concerns before he can make a decision. It's kind of good, I guess, to hear a swing vote understands the limited power they have(?)
Good lines at tribal:
"I want to be clear that I don't think I'm a swing vote." - Shirin. (Go Shirin!)
"Savage." - Joe. Whatever that means.
So the vote goes:
Dan, Kelly, Mike, Rodney, Sierra, Carolyn, Tyler forJenn, all negated by Jenn's idol.
Hali, Jenn, Joe, Shirin for Kelly, sending her home.
Will for Hali, because test.
So, the lines are drawn, Will looks confused, and Rodney looks annoyed yet again.
I'm stilljinxing rooting for Shirin, and I don't mind Joe. Although, let's be realistic. At this point, the probability that these two will go to the end is very low, but I just want to root for one overly sweet and one crazy underdogs the likeable underdogs -- don't we all? If Tyler, Carolyn and Will are sticking with the Blue Collars -- Jenn, Hali, Joe and Shirin will be picked off one by one. That said, Shirin has a better chance to go further than Joe does. And this is a group of 11, there are so many directions the game can still go.
What happened on the island is totally what you can find on Twitter. We all know since the season started that these players have been hanging out together all the time. But it has become more specific. To point a few:
- Vince stayed with Max for a few weeks or something ---> because they bonded at Ponderosa.
- Why did Shirin hang out with Jenn and Hali, and after that with Jenn (and Max) again? Wasn't Jenn annoyed by Shirin? ---> as we see in this merge episode, Jenn and Shirin did work together.
- Joaquin and Rodney bromanced in the city a few weeks ago ---> because they have been bromancing since they were on the island.
- A couple of weeks ago, Tyler, Mike and Sierra visited Dan ---> they met at the tribe swap and worked together on the merge episode.
Forget winner's edit. If you care enough to put two and two together, you'll find out the season's plot.
Image: CBS
Right after last tribal, Mike, who knows the importance of reeling people back to him, does some damage control exercise with Rodney for leaving Rodney out of Joaquin's vote. Rodney tells Mike he was "just putting on his DeNiro" to the other side. So, is Rodney Tom Brady or DeNiro? We aren't sure. For now, though, Rodney also admits that he's just going to be Mike's bitch.
They merge the next day. They stuff their faces with food, gossip about Joaquin and start over with a new shelter at the Escameca beach.
And I can't really keep track of the alliances at this point. The most random one, rallied by Rodney, who wants to seek revenge for Joaquin, includes Carolyn, Will and Kelly. I don't care about his reason, but I did pause for a few seconds, processing this combination and the fact that those three didn't seem to dismiss the idea either.
Dan gets stung by a jellyfish the next day, and Jenn asks him to put his foot in hot water. Thankfully, he just pours the water on his foot instead. (The last time Jenn gave a stinging-related medical advice, she got Max to put his feet in their rice pot.) Shirin asks to pee on it. Normal days.
The return of the good lines:
"Oh my goodness. We have the worst tribe name in Survivor history. We didn't go for America. We dropped the A and went for Merica."
"I'm horrified and embarrassed."
"I think even Sarah Palin, all kinds of crazy crap comes out of her mouth, I never heard that woman call America 'Merica'." - Shirin, complete with eye roll and finger point. The. Best.
Meanwhile, somewhere on the island, Mike giddily announces "Merica!" to the world, and Hali passionately says something about criminal defense, Merica's government blueprint and constitution.
Honourable mention:
"This is the make-up sex, brother." - Rodney, explaining to Mike what patching up an alliance after tribal means.
Since they are back together now, Mike plots with Rodney to vote Joe out. But when Joe wins immunity, they shift their target to Jenn to break her and Hali up. Mike, who wants to court Will to the Blue Collar's side, tests Will's loyalty by falsely telling him that the target is Hali.
Is it smart, though, Mike, for you to test Will like that? Just to be what? Your number eight? Find the light, Will. Make something for yourself. Let these people know what happened to Vince when he questioned your health.
Tyler and Carolyn are smart to hide their alliance. And Tyler tells both sides of the tribe about his concerns before he can make a decision. It's kind of good, I guess, to hear a swing vote understands the limited power they have(?)
Good lines at tribal:
"I want to be clear that I don't think I'm a swing vote." - Shirin. (Go Shirin!)
"Savage." - Joe. Whatever that means.
So the vote goes:
Dan, Kelly, Mike, Rodney, Sierra, Carolyn, Tyler for
Hali, Jenn, Joe, Shirin for Kelly, sending her home.
Will for Hali, because test.
So, the lines are drawn, Will looks confused, and Rodney looks annoyed yet again.
I'm still
What happened on the island is totally what you can find on Twitter. We all know since the season started that these players have been hanging out together all the time. But it has become more specific. To point a few:
- Vince stayed with Max for a few weeks or something ---> because they bonded at Ponderosa.
- Why did Shirin hang out with Jenn and Hali, and after that with Jenn (and Max) again? Wasn't Jenn annoyed by Shirin? ---> as we see in this merge episode, Jenn and Shirin did work together.
- Joaquin and Rodney bromanced in the city a few weeks ago ---> because they have been bromancing since they were on the island.
- A couple of weeks ago, Tyler, Mike and Sierra visited Dan ---> they met at the tribe swap and worked together on the merge episode.
Forget winner's edit. If you care enough to put two and two together, you'll find out the season's plot.
Image: CBS

Comments