Young and Smart
Sometimes when I see kids, teenagers or anyone younger than me do dumb things, I pause for two seconds and try to be more understanding. "They only do this because they are young, right? They'll get better with age and stuff, you know, when their brains are fully developed or something? And they will no longer scream in the middle of the supermarket aisle once they turn four next month?"
Then I think about the young me, "Was I this dumb? OMG have I ever done anything this dumb?" NO. PLEASE. NEVER. You don't do dumb things because of your age.
Ok, if we were to nitpick, I admit there was one time when I was 10 when I thought of running away from home (just for a bit!). I was doing good at school, I love my family, I looovve going to school, probably only had RM2 in my money jar, and there I was, about to make one of the biggest decisions in my life. What an adventure, I could be Tom Sawyer or make it on my own or something! I managed to get two hands out of the window in the process. It was raining.
p/s Thanks for the good laugh, dear 11 horses who tested positive for doping today. Funniest thing I heard this week.
Then I think about the young me, "Was I this dumb? OMG have I ever done anything this dumb?" NO. PLEASE. NEVER. You don't do dumb things because of your age.
Ok, if we were to nitpick, I admit there was one time when I was 10 when I thought of running away from home (just for a bit!). I was doing good at school, I love my family, I looovve going to school, probably only had RM2 in my money jar, and there I was, about to make one of the biggest decisions in my life. What an adventure, I could be Tom Sawyer or make it on my own or something! I managed to get two hands out of the window in the process. It was raining.
p/s Thanks for the good laugh, dear 11 horses who tested positive for doping today. Funniest thing I heard this week.
Comments