Thursday Morning

Thursday morning is my favourite time of the week. It's half a day that I cheat work. Not that I've never cheated work on other days. But I can't wait to cheat work on Thursday morning since the previous Thursday afternoon. I do feel guilty admitting that I enjoy cheating work, though. How dare you skip work when you work on your own, when your net worth is not even in [...]. So yes, Thursday morning is breakfast in bed, I mean, bedroom (because this is not a movie), long shower, clipping my nails and obsessing about the quality of my internet connection more than usual.

A few years ago, I used to take a lot of pictures -- during travels, trips to my hometown or whenever anyone visited etc. Then the interest slowly faded. Or rather the interest was there, the action was not. I've been wanting to take pictures again for the past two years and this time to post them on the blog. Still not able to start. There were a number of pictures that I took, but those felt too personal... (too many restrictions, I tell you). How do we take and share personal pictures without being too personal?

Visiting blogs with pretty pictures for inspiration did not seem to kick my butt either. Creativity needs to be nurtured, right? You need to create things often enough, express them often enough to find a momentum and style. You have to start in any odd way if you have to, before finding something that you really like?

Is this why people take food pictures? Because it's the easiest way to nurture creativity? :).

Comments