Weekend (2)

Do I hear a collective sigh from adults around the world, now it's time of the week again? Lucky you people in LA, it's still 9AM Sunday at your place... Wait, there are people out there who would love to have our jobs, or any job actually. We are the lucky ones here. (But seriously, why are we doing this to ourselves?)

It's 1AM. I wish my Sunday nights were filled with laughter that makes me roll on the floor. Sometimes they are; other times like tonight -- not really. Because Sunday nights also mean watching Homeland and The Walking Dead. Really, why is the latter getting more gory by each episode? (Also, give these guys a break please, they need a shower.) And Homeland is just being Homeland: depressing, no character to root for, gives you breath-holding suspense, superb acting and, worst, is addictive.

I can't wait to watch Argo.

I feel fresh now, though. I think I've recovered all the lost sleep from my reading bootcamp.

So I'm currently thinking about the delicious and oiliest pisang goreng that I made this week.

Banana is one of my favourite snacks -- easiest snack (or lunch) to have in the car, quick to peel and filling. But I had five pieces that were left bruised in the fridge this week; not just bruised, the skins were totally black. There's no way they would still taste good. Such a waste. I was two seconds from throwing them away before thinking about pisang goreng... with a slight problem initially, since I didn't have flour. But we don't need flour, apparently. Just cut and throw the bananas in the pan (with oil, of course), sprinkle some salt and turmeric powder and tadaa... everything tastes good when fried and salted!

Sometimes I make a banana + iced coffee drink too. Mix Nescafe and Coffeemate in some hot water first, then blend it with banana (it has to be Dole), sweetened creamer and cold water. Delicious.

Comments