Travel and Pretty Blogs, +Movies
Hi, all (three of you),
It's 2AM here on my bed. I'm in the midst of writing a six-paragraph e-mail for my sister, which she needs tomorrow (today!).
Thought I should blog something, reporting what depressing movie I watched this week 🎉🎊.
But before that, let's talk about the internet. Last year, I read a lot of travel blogs. They were all exhilarating, making your pulse race reading each page. And this year, I've been reading a lot of art and creative blogs. They are very inspiring* and very kind to the soul too. (*As in it makes me believe that I can be at least half that creative but does not necessarily make me do the actual creating-thing, you know, because that requires effort.) A must-read is oliviaraejames.com. Wherever Charleston is, I want to live there too.
I've listed a few of the blogs on my sidebar, but it's not fully updated yet, as there are so many great blogs out there and I'm still exploring. For every one art blog you find, you'll find another ten -- prepare to be lost in millions of pretty food, pictures, adventures, design and inspiration.
So I watched The Divide this week. Ugh. I tried not to. It was a torture. It reminds me of another torturous movie, starring Adrien Brody, The Experiment.
But I also watched an escape movie last week, Marry Me, starring Lucy Liu, a story of a woman who was single for five minutes, and we know that is so sad, then out of the blue found herself multiple men to choose from!
The movie is everything you want from a romantic comedy: light, funny and an absolutely unrealistic story. As a bonus, however, it has some pretty clever dialogue that I'm not really mad at.
Two highlights from the movie:
1) The dresses that Lucy Liu's character Rae wears, which I now want. The 'philosophy' of living a lighter life that I'm warming up to these days suddenly disappears.
2) The straightforwardness of the leading male character Luke (played by Steven Pasquale). In less than two dates, he pretty much knows what he wants and says it too. (Other than that, he has space and timing issues. He's even almost obnoxious in the beginning but) God, how easy would that kind of clarity make to real life?
It's almost 3AM now. I have work to do. Thank you for reading.
Update: more travel blogs via fathomaway.com: 2012, 2014, 2015.
It's 2AM here on my bed. I'm in the midst of writing a six-paragraph e-mail for my sister, which she needs tomorrow (today!).
Thought I should blog something, reporting what depressing movie I watched this week 🎉🎊.
But before that, let's talk about the internet. Last year, I read a lot of travel blogs. They were all exhilarating, making your pulse race reading each page. And this year, I've been reading a lot of art and creative blogs. They are very inspiring* and very kind to the soul too. (*As in it makes me believe that I can be at least half that creative but does not necessarily make me do the actual creating-thing, you know, because that requires effort.) A must-read is oliviaraejames.com. Wherever Charleston is, I want to live there too.
I've listed a few of the blogs on my sidebar, but it's not fully updated yet, as there are so many great blogs out there and I'm still exploring. For every one art blog you find, you'll find another ten -- prepare to be lost in millions of pretty food, pictures, adventures, design and inspiration.
So I watched The Divide this week. Ugh. I tried not to. It was a torture. It reminds me of another torturous movie, starring Adrien Brody, The Experiment.
But I also watched an escape movie last week, Marry Me, starring Lucy Liu, a story of a woman who was single for five minutes, and we know that is so sad, then out of the blue found herself multiple men to choose from!
The movie is everything you want from a romantic comedy: light, funny and an absolutely unrealistic story. As a bonus, however, it has some pretty clever dialogue that I'm not really mad at.
Two highlights from the movie:
1) The dresses that Lucy Liu's character Rae wears, which I now want. The 'philosophy' of living a lighter life that I'm warming up to these days suddenly disappears.
2) The straightforwardness of the leading male character Luke (played by Steven Pasquale). In less than two dates, he pretty much knows what he wants and says it too. (Other than that, he has space and timing issues. He's even almost obnoxious in the beginning but) God, how easy would that kind of clarity make to real life?
It's almost 3AM now. I have work to do. Thank you for reading.
Update: more travel blogs via fathomaway.com: 2012, 2014, 2015.
Comments