Life and Art
In real life, if a political campaign staffer meets with a staffer from the other camp, could he/she get fired for that?
Yes, I just saw The Ides of March. So seriously, could someone get fired for that? Sure, they are meeting about the possibility of jumping ship, but doesn't that sound like a case of being oversensitive to you?
Or is this just happening in a movie? In which case I've been meaning to remind myself to start learning all my life skills from outside of a movie.
Speaking of politics, it recently hit me that probably... probably I'm fascinated with the US presidential election the same way I'm fascinated with American Idol. You'd like anything if you hear about it often enough. I'm so easy to figure out.
So, Obama is going to win the reelection tomorrow, right? Although, they now say "It's a deadlocked race", and there were a few times in the past few weeks when I thought Romney had a good case with the economy? Romney probably still has a more convincing case with the economy. (I mean, I'm pulling opinion out of a Magic 8 Ball here.) His foreign policy, on the other hand, does not sound like he wants to make many friends. And for a wealthy person, his tax rate is apparently 14%. That is so awkward to hear. But oh wait, as if Obama has not been sending drone strikes to Pakistan and Yemen and Somalia either.
If you are contemplating whether you should watch Skyfall, let me decide it for you -- go watch it. I don't understand why you don't want to watch Daniel Craig.
I'm currently watching Falling Skies, the TV show, set a few months after an alien invasion. Basically, civilization is pretty much wiped out and the survivors are trying to fight back. Just like The Walking Dead, only this one involves aliens.
While I so don't get Terminator, Star Wars, Poltergeist etc, I can watch alien and zombie series now. I love that today's TV writing creates imperfect heroes, and this new version of post-apocalyptic stories portrays a more realistic human behaviour during desperate times.
I've also long suspected that one of the reasons these shows are appealing is because of the simplicity of the characters' lives. Seriously, the only thing they have to think about on daily basis is staying alive. No traffic jams, office politics, business struggles, rising living costs and social obligations. Not only life is so much simpler, you seem to have a set of super loyal support systems too. These tiny people hiding inside the TV really have it easy.
Have a good week.

Comments