Now I Get Why People Hoard


While I do keep travel souvenirs (and old perfume bottles, which I feel so not cool admitting), I'm not a hoarder. Especially in these past few years, I throw away useless things all the time. It makes my life simpler (imagine when it's not).

Last night I took out my document and work folders and tore up my old payslips, among others. There's no way I'll ever need them again. I feel sorry for the trees that were sacrificed to print this stuff.

And what perfect timing. I went down to buy breakfast lunch this afternoon and found a letter in the mailbox. It's from the LHDN.

This is supposed to be embarrassing and not the kind of thing people announce on the internet, but since I've admitted other embarrassing things on this blog... So apparently, I still owe the government some money. This is so ironic in so many ways.

The amount is manageable -- I think, wish me luck -- but I need the documents that I've shredded with the highest satisfaction just 12 hours ago!

I immediately thought of my sister. She keeps her payslips right from the first one she received. The horror.

Comments