Notes

I made it through the week ok, I guess. I only almost got caught lying once and only sent one text to the wrong person. You know when you want to text A about B, and your brain is thinking about B, so you send the text to B instead? No? Never happened to you?

But I can tell you what I did right this week:
  • Completing a short e-learning class (it's super short), and I can proudly say I even understood some of the content.
  • (Now I know what it really means when people say they study via e-learning / distance learning. *wink*wink* Your secret is safe with me.)
  • Exercising for a total of four hours this week. That probably makes almost 15 hours this year alone! I checked my weight on the scale every 30 reps I did.
  • Replying e-mails and clearing out my mailbox. I'd do alright if I never had to e-mail anything ever again.
  • I started the week with a list of 30 works to follow up. I've crossed off 14 as at today. (I've probably reached my peak, so I'm just going to ignore the other 16.)
  • Listening to the three US election debates so far. Regardless how boring you think political debates are, they provide a good listening practice because you have to listen to them very carefully, only to realize how confusing they can get, and how the two camps keep accusing each other of the same thing.
  • I found this article by Ruzwana Bashir via Twitter and was reminded of how rehearsed a debate is.
  • I almost read a book. Hey, it's the thought that counts.

Comments