Tourist

I'm currently listening to Yuna's beautiful, beautiful US debut album. My favourite is Tourist, but I can't find any songs that I don't like on it.

I often imagine a perfect, calm day when I hear the songs, where I'd play them first thing in the morning, waking up fresh from a good night's sleep, thinking about a good day ahead: doing things that I like and hopefully making other people happy about them too. Then I'd hit the warm shower and boil some water for coffee or go out to buy breakfast.

I'd even have time to scan the internet for an hour. And when traffic starts to ease, I'd freshen up, put on work clothes and makeup, and get ready to leave for work meetings, where everyone I meet is nice and kind and inspiring, and helps make me smarter every day.

I'd be home in the evening, switching on my lavender home freshener first, then stretching my feet on the coffee table, planning what movie to watch that night and checking the internet again obvs, before taking a shower, enjoying my dinner and having the rest of the evening to myself. I'd watch my favourite TV or draw or read or blog(?) or put on a cool deep hydrating mask and fall asleep two minutes after I hit the pillow, with Tourist still playing in the background...

Lol what is this.

(On a slightly less calm and perfect day, there'll be some exercise. On a bad day, some laundry is involved.)

Comments