I've Got Your Number


I looove this book. A lot. It feels like discovering Kinsella's books for the first time again. It makes me laugh, it makes me hold my breath, and it makes me want to stop the characters and offer them my insight.

I've Got Your Number brings back the same excitement Kinsella's earlier books did. Maybe because I've read all her books, and some of the surprises in her recent works have kind of lost on me. Can You Keep a Secret, The Undomestic Goddess and the first two of the Shopaholic series made me laugh out loud in public, gasp in horror and probably almost cry too. But I'm a huge fan of Kinsella regardless. I read most of her books within 24 hours and force everyone I know to read them too.

Sam Roxton reminds me of Harvey Specter, although Sam is supposed to have 'rumpled hair', while Harvey is basically the walking ad for hair products that sculpt your hair into a certain shape and make it stay that way for the whole year.

It might get a tiny extra cheesy at the end, but who cares. Read it, this is a fun book.

Unless, of course, you generally can't digest romantic comedy, for example, or you're from a different planet.

Image: sophiekinsella.com

Comments