Shame
A few minutes after the movie ended, I was still slumped in my bed, felt like crying but couldn't. This movie is just dark and sad. Not even Michael Fassbender's full frontal could make you giggle and take away the pain you feel for his character.
The score is evilly brilliant too, making us sense his silent misery right from the first few minutes of the movie. When his work computer was taken away and he was told that it was filthy with virus and porn (the Boss wondered if it was the intern who did it), I closed my eyes with two hands, almost felt sorry for this guy, wishing he wouldn't be embarrassed more in the movie.
Here's my favourite review of Shame by Rene Rodriguez for Miami Herald that tells it perfectly how this movie will break your heart. (And read this one for a funny review: vulture.com.)
I'm wondering though... who casually walks around their house naked? You know, like naked while making coffee or checking the answering machine, or something, in an apartment with huge glass windows? Or who argues with and yells at their sibling about God-knows-what-could-be-more-important-than-grabbing-a-towel naked?
Comments