Not Pretty

I was awakened at around 5 this morning by a loud sound of two people yelling at each other in the yard. For a real life event, it was brutal. I'm not sure which neighbours were these (I don't know any of my neighbours anyway), but I think they were the same people who always fight with each other somewhere above my floor.

Both of them were shouting, the woman was crying loudly, and I think at least one of them had a stick and was pounding on the car or the pavement, I'm not sure. Maybe one of them or both were in the car, but the man was yelling to the woman to get out. At least that's what I thought happened because I didn't get up and take a look. I just lay in bed, scared that someone would get hurt... but not doing anything about it.

Should I intervene? Or at least yell something cowardly from my bedroom? (And I still wouldn't know them or their unit, as I was not wearing my contact lenses, while they would now know which unit I was shouting from.)

I mean, assuming these were the same people, this wasn't the first time it happened. Though they usually don't last longer than 5-10 minutes, they always sound so brutal, banging on the floor / wall / furniture or something (I'm not sure). I'm just hoping no actual beating is done to a person. At what point is it my responsibility to do something?

Come morning and bright daylight, all is well in the world again.

Comments