Boulder, Facebook and Clones

Let's talk about the recent Golden Globes.

First, the all important dresses.
My favourites are Anne Hathaway's (brown, Armani Privé) and Halle Berry's (black, Nina Ricci). E!'s Fashion Police, which thought-provoking discussion I follow every week, loves Anne Hathaway's dress too, but chooses the latter as one of their Worst Dress nominees. True, it's short and sheer and may not work on many women, but it works on Halle Berry. She's wearing her best accessory -- her body! Unconventional dresses can be polarizing. Or, you know, now you have some idea if I should help to dress you.

Ricky Gervais.
I know he was mean, and I rarely find jokes at other people's expense funny, but I thought Gervais was funny at the Globes. I mean, we expect... we want him to be mean, right?

And yes, the awards too.
I would love for these people and movies to win:

- James Franco for 127 Hours. I love James Franco since Milk and Pineapple Express. I have watched the latter twice and was still laughing my a** off the second time. In 127 Hours, he was charming, funny and in pain. While not forgetting this is a movie about a real person, someone really did go through those experiences, both James Franco and Danny Boyle brought us from one point of emotion to another just to torture and break us -- the reason we (I) cry during the last scene, ironically, the rescue scene. Ok, the music and the breathtakingly beautiful canyon were evil too.

- Andrew Garfield. The Social Network and Andrew Garfield are already my favourites this year. Then in Never Let Me Go -- OMG he knows how to make a girl cry. My favourite scenes were 1) when he was showing Carey Mulligan's character his drawings 2) when he went to see 'Madame', hoping that his art would be chosen for the 'Gallery' 3) that screaming scene outside the car. Damn all these depressing stories! Unfortunately, the movie and its haunting performance are not even on the Oscar list, which is a shame.

- Inception for Original Score (by Hans Zimmer).


- The Social Network.


- Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams for Blue Valentine. I don't understand the obsession for Ryan Gosling outside of a movie other than it overshadows his brilliant acting. He's my male version of Vera Farmiga. After seeing her in Up in the Air, I want to dig out and watch her old movies.

Comments