Today: Raya Prep
It was a good day. I almost got it all done today. My raya prep started with sending my car for service. When the staff showed me the screen with the amount that I had to pay later, I thought something was missing. It took me five seconds to realize what it was. My money! I only had like RM1.45 with me at that time. (I don't understand it either. Once, I only had 60 cents that I found on the floor of the car to pay a RM1 toll fee.) I asked for my key back and ran to find a petrol station to use the ATM. And of course I didn't go to the nearest one.
Next up was the bank to change money for duit raya. Only the old notes were left, but that was fine by me. Then I made two IBG transactions and paid my bills (I'm sure I have to tell you all these). The queues were extra-long everywhere. You walked into a bank or a post office (separate parking for each) only to be told that your number was 25 away. Behind every last minute person, there are 25 more.
Online banking? :p not our thing too.
I did end up going to four malls to do my raya shopping.
Luckily, however, traffic was on my side the whole day. I was constantly driving the opposite of congestion.
I ended up at Lorong H*ji T*ib at 6.45 in the evening. You read that right. It's the pecan pie that I want to bake. I don't understand why Carrefour doesn't have the ingredients that I need, and it's not like they are very rare ingredients. I had at least 10 people in the Carrefour's aisle, staring at the same empty shelves with me.
So I found out about this baking shop in Lorong H*ji T*ib a while ago (most bakers in KL know this shop), and they were actually closing when I reached there. Some of us definitely was not the employees' favourite customers. Apparently, they were supposed to be on their way home by that time (the shop opens from 9 to 6).
Anyway, I still managed to go to terawih, only eight rakaat today -- secretly checking the watch from time to time because The Vampire Diaries starts at 9.30.
Selamat Hari Raya, everyone. Thank you for being my internet friends.
Next up was the bank to change money for duit raya. Only the old notes were left, but that was fine by me. Then I made two IBG transactions and paid my bills (I'm sure I have to tell you all these). The queues were extra-long everywhere. You walked into a bank or a post office (separate parking for each) only to be told that your number was 25 away. Behind every last minute person, there are 25 more.
Online banking? :p not our thing too.
I did end up going to four malls to do my raya shopping.
Luckily, however, traffic was on my side the whole day. I was constantly driving the opposite of congestion.
I ended up at Lorong H*ji T*ib at 6.45 in the evening. You read that right. It's the pecan pie that I want to bake. I don't understand why Carrefour doesn't have the ingredients that I need, and it's not like they are very rare ingredients. I had at least 10 people in the Carrefour's aisle, staring at the same empty shelves with me.
So I found out about this baking shop in Lorong H*ji T*ib a while ago (most bakers in KL know this shop), and they were actually closing when I reached there. Some of us definitely was not the employees' favourite customers. Apparently, they were supposed to be on their way home by that time (the shop opens from 9 to 6).
Anyway, I still managed to go to terawih, only eight rakaat today -- secretly checking the watch from time to time because The Vampire Diaries starts at 9.30.
Selamat Hari Raya, everyone. Thank you for being my internet friends.
Comments