Nieces and Nephews, and Cats, Part 2

All of my nieces' seven cats are now at my hometown with my parents.

Most of my nieces and nephews were taken care of by my parents until they were about six months old. Now that they are older and clearly learning fast, they are sending their cats to my parents... (Actually they kind of have to, for a reason.) I only patted one of the cats for a total of two seconds with two fingers.

As per our last conversation about the cats, three of them that we've agreed are male -- and crossed our fingers to stay that way -- were named:

Kl*se - although I'm sure he's Italian.
M*ssi - the most comot and mischievous among the bunch.

and...

Cristian* R*nald* - I can literally roll on the floor laughing for this. Not only would these kids call it by its full name, but it actually died some time before puasa.

Ok, of course, this is sad, but every time anyone comes and visits the cats, the kids will be so eager to introduce each of the cats, only to end it on a sombre note, "Cristian* R*nald* dah mati..." followed by, "Mommy buried it near school at dusk (my brother-in-law was abroad at that time), covered with two layers of plastic bags. The ground was hard, so she couldn't dig very deep, and it was dark too. So now every time we pass by the area, we can see that the plastic bags have come out..."

My JB nephews and niece (my eldest sister's kids) were in the midst of producing a horror movie* last raya. They've made two movies before: one is a comedy about a bomoh, and the other is a drama about a kampung girl who forgets her roots after moving to the city.

(*reads a 10-minute acting by six kids between 9 and 13, shot on a videocam with shaky hands.)

I haven't seen the kampung girl movie yet. I heard my niece Haidan played two characters because they were short of actors. But we've seen the bomoh movie like hundreds of times already. Haidan also writes a serial story on her Facebook page that I don't get to read yet because I'm not on Facebook. She and Nila are sitting for UPSR this year.

So, we shall see how this new horror movie is turning out. They are still shooting it (and writing and rewriting the script at the same time -- creative products are constantly evolving, obviously). I've already seen some of the rough cuts. I'd say maybe this will be a cross between Paranormal Activity and The Blair Witch Project -- a lot of close-ups of noses in green night vision.

Comments