Past

We were having coffee and waffles at a stop on our way back to KL when I was telling my siblings how traumatized I was by my Form 3 Bahasa Melayu teacher that I have this obsession with wrapping my books and making sure the windows are open with panes set at the same level -- until today.

Of course, I was kidding. About the traumatized part... I'm perfectly sane. You know that.

The said teacher, a male, besides wanting the windows opened and exercise books wrapped in a specific way, also pinched our cheeks if we forgot our dictionary or homework. Yes. Pinch. Cheeks. Imagine the harassment charges he'd face if he did that today. Thank God he never got to do that to me. That's infuriating, being relieved about avoiding something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. But it was a small victory for us when one of our friends pushed his hand hard in front of the class one day.

I used to have this colleague -- he would describe himself as "Oh-I'm-So-Funny-Everyone-Can't-Help-It-but-to-Love-Me". One day at the airport, he could have helped a friend of mine with something but didn't because he just chose not to. Maybe if I'd gotten the chance to stomp my foot hard on his, I would've quickly forgotten the incident.

I hate reminiscing the past or writing a post about people who don't deserve one. I shouldn't be posting this.

Comments