Movies

The Hurt Locker — Kathryn Bigelow knows how to make a nail-biting, gripping war movie. The movie is tense and gritty, and you could almost feel the heat yourself, watching those men in the heavy suits. I'm also a new Jeremy Renner's fan now.

The Time Traveler's Wife — The ending was unfair. I want these two to meet again and live a normal life. Why can't they? This guy time travels, right? Why can't his older self come back every day? Although, I have to say, a grown man appearing only in a blanket in front of a six-year-old girl alone in the meadow is creepy.

Inglourious Basterds — I had no idea the movie was that gory.

Pisau Cukur — This is from the people who made Gol & Gincu; it's light, funny and neat.

4bia — It's a Thai horror movie. Generally, I don't watch horror movies, but this is the kind of movie that is perfect for movie nights with your family, where 15 people from the ages of 10 to 40 screaming and laughing and hugging each other for two hours. (Our previous successful family movie nights included P2, Slumdog Millionaire, The Ruins and House of Wax.)

Image: Summit Entertainment

Comments