Books
I've been reading a lot of books lately. (By 'a lot' I usually mean anything more than one, and by 'books' I usually don't mean educational.) Here's the verdict, because I love to share my findings and save you from picking books that you may not like.
The Host, Stephenie Meyer
I had a good time reading Twilight, but I now love The Host more. Same-same, you say? Absolutely.
So, this is supposed to be a sci-fi with aliens and all. (And how I loathe sci-fi. I used to say the same about vampires and love stories. Boo.) But just like Twilight, in a very Stephenie Meyer way, this is a love story. The book is also said to be intended for adults, unlike Twilight. But I don't see the difference. I think it's still meant for the Twilight age group, which is fine by me. The characters are likeable, and I like the question the book is asking: would you love the same person if they came in a different body? Eh, you don't even have to find an answer to that. Don't want a complicated life today? This is your book.
The Associate, John Grisham
This must be one of my favourite Grisham books so far. This, too, will be adapted into a movie, I heard. It brought me back to earth from all the fantasy books that I've been reading lately. Hello, real thriller, I've missed you.
The Vampire Diaries, The Fury and Dark Reunion, LJ Smith
The book comprises of the third and fourth -- also supposed to be the final -- parts of the series, but I heard the author is in the midst of releasing another three sequels / spinoffs. Many say that Twilight's story is similar to The Vampire Diaries'. I guess I agree, but with Twilight doing a better job at manipulating us in. We read Twilight for the fantasy, not logic -- not that there's anything logical about The Vampire Diaries either.
So, should you read the books? If you're just a fan of vampire stories regardless, have at it.
I can't wait for the TV series to reach our shore next year, though.
So what happened to the Sookie Stackhouse?
I only read the two books that I blogged earlier. Honestly, I have mixed feelings with the series. Maybe I'll read more of it when I can find the time. But True Blood the TV series? Love it.
I'm currently listening to:
1 Halo and Sweet Dreams by Sasha Fierce.
2 Love You by Lily Allen.
Book covers: Little, Brown & Company, Doubleday

Comments