The Sookie Stackhouse Series

(That two weeks went pretty well, I guess. And this week must be my most productive week in the past one year. Don't have many of those, so that's kind of easy to keep track of.)

Many months back, I promised I thought of reading this Mitch Albom book, because Oprah. I flipped through the book at MPH, and I'm sure it's a great read, but I'm into vampire books right now.

This afternoon, while waiting for my next meeting, I dropped by the National Library, one of my favourite book places. But mainly I was in for the sofa, the air conditioner and two hours of silence.

This place has improved a lot since... the last 15 years. Of course, you can't compare it with your favourite bookstores, but if you comb through the shelves carefully, you can still find a lot of good and new books there. And seriously, it's very quiet. Where else can you find a public place this quiet and peaceful? I have to walk very carefully in there, afraid of making noise. I hold my sneeze.

So here's what I borrowed today:


The top two are from the Sookie Stackhouse series. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the first one in the series, Dead Until Dark. I was told that the only copy they have is in Mandarin(?).

I'll find the first book some other time and have to start with Living Dead in Dallas instead. Will let you know the verdict.

- The National Library is open Tuesdays-Saturdays 10-7 and Sundays 10-6. It's closed on Mondays and public holidays.

Comments