Beat

Since August began, I kept having to coax myself to stay focused on many social interactions lasting more than 10 minutes (or, in some cases, 2). Somehow the interest energy is gone, and I just feel exhausted.

At first, this only happened on the occasions when there were too many people screaming "Me! Me! Me!" Then it started to tire me out for many other things that I usually enjoy as well.

So I had to pass the high tea with the girls that I met during one of the travels, the Friday Lunch with Jones even after she mentioned the gift she bought me, and the dinner for... err... I don't know, Gene's homecoming after two months in Europe(?)

And I've never ordered in this much in a month.

The takeout collage I made (because art) while mulling over if there's correlation between fast food and energy.

Nevertheless, I looked forward to my eldest sister being in town on Monday and Tuesday for work. So, we and the rest of the younger siblings met for dinner. I picked my sisters up and drove everybody home. The dinner was good. I had a good time and more carbs and fats.


Tuesday after work, I drove my sister to IKEA and Central Market for some crafts and books. I got myself a couple of books too -- John Grisham's Playing for Pizza and The Appeal. The bookshop was about to close when we arrived, and I was lucky to spot the books that I wanted almost immediately, while my sister used the very few minutes that she had to grab as many books as she could.


About an hour ago, I received an invitation for a housewarming party this coming weekend. Another thing that I will never understand, nor do I know the right way to respond.

Comments