The Others

I always wonder how life is like for the average working people like me in the other parts of the world. What kind of property does an average 30+ year old own in Tokyo? How many hours do they normally work in a week in South Africa? Or if they, too, all looovve Starbucks like we Malaysians these days do?

Then I turned on the news and saw the reports on climate change, Cyclone Nargis, Sichuan earthquake, food crisis and oil price hike.

We could use some good news right now, like England somehow making it to Euro '08, replacing the Netherlands* (sorry) at the very last minute.

That right leg pain hit again last night. At times, it moved up to my back and neck. So I was tossing and turning almost the whole night in pain.

I checked my bank account balance from every possible angle, like front, back and upside down earlier today. I accepted the conclusion a bit later.

I mean, even the first few smaller things on my to-do list have not been ticked off yet. Until I can actually afford it, some plans can wait for another year or two. (Or three? Oh, make it just one, please.)

*Is Holland-Netherlands like potato-potato? No? Sorry again.

Comments