EURO '08

Photo by Mosa Moseneke on Unsplash

I have (a plan) to watch the following group matches. So I'm putting the schedule here as a reminder.

(As at today, 10 June, I've already only missed three out of the three matches so far.)

Group A
1) 8 June - Portugal - Turkey. Missed.
2) 12 June - Czech Republic - Portugal. Watched, kind of. (1-3). I missed the first 1-1 goals.
3) 16 June - Switzerland - Portugal. Watched, I think. (2-0). It must be that boring that I could watch CSI NY, Koffee With Karan and the final minutes of Turkey-Czech (3-2) match (that I should be watching instead) at the same time. So I saw Turkey's two late goals, the goalkeeper's red card, a midfielder who looked funny in goal wearing a goalkeeper's jersey, and one player sitting on the bench receiving a yellow card. And Turkey was even down 0-2 until the 75th minute! Watched the wrong match.
Quarter Finals: Portugal, Turkey

Group B
Err, I passed. BUT, but, if I knew Croatia was going to beat Germany 2-1 (13 June), I'd have definitely watched that match.
Quarter Finals: Croatia, Germany

Group C
4) 10 June - Romania - France. Missed.
5) 10 June - Netherlands - Italy. Very close to watching but still missed.
6) 14 June - Italy - Romania. Watched. (1-1). Both France and Italy drew against Romania. And the Netherlands won against Italy. Now what? Now I really, really don't like the Maths.
7) 14 June - Netherlands - France. Watched. (4-1). What got into the Netherlands and their questionable jersey colour? After they snubbed Italy, did they really have to do that to France? Now I (you too, I'm sure) have a nightmare that it's going to be Netherlands-Portugal on 30 June. Now the Netherlands MUST win against Romania for either France or Italy (in a do or die match) to advance. Must. Not. Miss. 18 June.
8) 18 June - France - Italy. Watched. (0-2). I had problem staying awake during the last Switzerland-Portugal and Sweden-Spain, so I had my computer games (plus coffee and some sandwiches) ready when the match started. So I ended up being busy with my own schedule and wasn't really concentrating. Or rather the game was already a lil' less exciting the moment the French were left with 10 men, a penalty was granted to the Italians and Ribery was carried off the field for injury in the early minutes.
Quarter Finals: Netherlands, Italy

Group D
9) 11 June - Spain - Russia. Watched. (4-1) with 3 goals scored by David Villa.
10) 15 June - Sweden - Spain. Watched (?-?) but it was so forgettable. I can't remember a thing about it except that Spain won.
11) 19 June - Greece - Spain. Missed, or rather I just passed since we already knew that Spain had qualified to the next round.
Quarter Finals: Spain, Russia

Update, 30 June: For future historical reference, it's important I blog that the Spaniards won the Cup in a 1-0 final match against Germany.

Thank you.

Comments