Sensible and Logical Thought Process
Because I have a very sensible and logical thought process, I needed new makeup and dresses to compensate for my torturous weekend of two exam papers today.
I was thinking of new colours: strong eyes, pale lips. And checking Body Shop this time. I'm sure they have a similar range of colours at a much lower price. Can you really tell if the blusher is from Body Shop or M.A.C and Bobbi Brown?
(This may sound like brand-dropping. Some people talk about their dumb phones, I love my makeup.)
So I walked into the store bringing together my tiny makeup bag, aka my entire makeup collection, and was greeted by a retail rep. After telling her what look I wanted, she inspected the current look that I had while I waited eagerly for her suggestion.
She advised me to stick to my current makeup brands, saying they have better colour and last longer.
(But I want chea-per!)
"Err, ok, I appreciate your honesty, but are you sure you are allowed to say that? Don't you have anything brown or... nude-like anyway?"
Seriously, how difficult "strong eyes, pale lips" is?
"I'm just telling you the truth. The one that we have, other than this pinkish range, is the glittery ones..."
No!
"... and I'm sure you don't want to use the glittery makeup especially for work, right?" she added.
Well, I've tried.
I was thinking of new colours: strong eyes, pale lips. And checking Body Shop this time. I'm sure they have a similar range of colours at a much lower price. Can you really tell if the blusher is from Body Shop or M.A.C and Bobbi Brown?
(This may sound like brand-dropping. Some people talk about their dumb phones, I love my makeup.)
So I walked into the store bringing together my tiny makeup bag, aka my entire makeup collection, and was greeted by a retail rep. After telling her what look I wanted, she inspected the current look that I had while I waited eagerly for her suggestion.
She advised me to stick to my current makeup brands, saying they have better colour and last longer.
(But I want chea-per!)
"Err, ok, I appreciate your honesty, but are you sure you are allowed to say that? Don't you have anything brown or... nude-like anyway?"
Seriously, how difficult "strong eyes, pale lips" is?
"I'm just telling you the truth. The one that we have, other than this pinkish range, is the glittery ones..."
No!
"... and I'm sure you don't want to use the glittery makeup especially for work, right?" she added.
Well, I've tried.
Comments