Life Is All Beautiful Fireworks

I was on one of those 'Don't hurt my feelings, my day sucked' modes last night. (They'd normally go away in the morning.)

My two sisters, three nieces and I had a small picnic at a park on Saturday. We played games, we ran around, we raced, we had fun (because for what reason running and covering yourself with filthy sweat are not fun?), and I was surprised(?) by my shortness of breath.

So I stood in front of the mirror this morning, staring at the hugest double panda eye bags in the world and wondering what magic cream could help to fix the rest of the reflection... and can I afford it?

No, we can't expect to stay in one shape or look from 20 to 30 to 50, can we?

I need a new haircut.

I had a meeting on Sunday during which I was made to feel that I haven't made enough, and yet I was made to volunteer to pay for dinner and listen to the whole dialogue of The Chronicles of Narnia or something, complete with special effects. I didn't dare move a muscle. It wasn't a dream. I was not in a Standard 3 storytelling competition. I was really in a restaurant, and people were really staring at our table. There goes one-fourth of my weekend.

Dropping everything and disappearing into thin air (for only a lil' while, of course) sounds very good right now.


Image: The Holiday, via Yahoo

Comments