Russian
I don't do busy anymore. And I've forgotten how to handle it.
So when I (occasionally) do, like for the past three days, I have to relearn how to multitask and improvise: Breakfast, which was also lunch, was whatever offered by the drive-thrus. Hair was dried by the car's air conditioner with fan set at maximum level -- one hand's holding coffee while the other's sorting out papers, because drama. And makeup was done at traffic light stops. (You're probably screaming "BIG DEAL!" right now.) This is also one of the few times when I feel speeding or parking my car illegally by the roadside is safe.
To continue sounding like a brat, next I'm going to whine about a bunch of to-do lists, e-mails and missed phone calls that I had to look into when I got home.
There will also be a long meeting (not with clients) tomorrow morning, followed by my Second Module mock exam in the afternoon and a revision class until probably 7. And I haven't touched the two-yellow-pages-thick study material yet. Then the whole day on Sunday, there will be a Fourth Module mock exam review.
You see, this is why I need a booster.
So I went to ACA in BSC for a haircut today, thanks to a longer Friday lunch break, making my next appointment not due until 3.
Before the haircut, I had a junior stylist (wearing a super stoic, zero-expression face that I can respect) washing my hair, trying to make small conversation -- asking whether I'd had my lunch, where I was attached to, where I lived etc, the usual.
And he went on to tell me about himself -- that he's living near the area I'm living, today is his first day here at BSC, he was previously in Bangsar Village etc etc.
He offered me some magazines to which I said no, thanks. I didn't wait to finish the tea, though, and was ready to forget about the world for an hour -- I was ready the moment I stepped into the salon, actually.
"Are you a Malay?" he asked after checking my name on the service sheet.
"Yes, I am."
"Are you a 'pure' (not from mixed parentage) Malay?"
"Yes, I am." That's easier than saying "My great-grandfather was a Chinese, married to a Malay". That was three generations ago. If there's anything Chinese in my blood, it must be about 0.03%.
"But you look like Chinese. Do you always get that from people?"
"… Sometimes? Maybe…?"
"But you do have Chinese features..."
He stared at me for two seconds before continued asking, "Are you Russian?"
WHAATT??
"NOOO....."
Give it up, will ya?
He paused at my expression.
"Err... that's good, because this may take an hour."
........
???
Oh, what he asked was, "Are you rushing?"
God =D.
So when I (occasionally) do, like for the past three days, I have to relearn how to multitask and improvise: Breakfast, which was also lunch, was whatever offered by the drive-thrus. Hair was dried by the car's air conditioner with fan set at maximum level -- one hand's holding coffee while the other's sorting out papers, because drama. And makeup was done at traffic light stops. (You're probably screaming "BIG DEAL!" right now.) This is also one of the few times when I feel speeding or parking my car illegally by the roadside is safe.
To continue sounding like a brat, next I'm going to whine about a bunch of to-do lists, e-mails and missed phone calls that I had to look into when I got home.
There will also be a long meeting (not with clients) tomorrow morning, followed by my Second Module mock exam in the afternoon and a revision class until probably 7. And I haven't touched the two-yellow-pages-thick study material yet. Then the whole day on Sunday, there will be a Fourth Module mock exam review.
You see, this is why I need a booster.
So I went to ACA in BSC for a haircut today, thanks to a longer Friday lunch break, making my next appointment not due until 3.
Before the haircut, I had a junior stylist (wearing a super stoic, zero-expression face that I can respect) washing my hair, trying to make small conversation -- asking whether I'd had my lunch, where I was attached to, where I lived etc, the usual.
And he went on to tell me about himself -- that he's living near the area I'm living, today is his first day here at BSC, he was previously in Bangsar Village etc etc.
He offered me some magazines to which I said no, thanks. I didn't wait to finish the tea, though, and was ready to forget about the world for an hour -- I was ready the moment I stepped into the salon, actually.
"Are you a Malay?" he asked after checking my name on the service sheet.
"Yes, I am."
"Are you a 'pure' (not from mixed parentage) Malay?"
"Yes, I am." That's easier than saying "My great-grandfather was a Chinese, married to a Malay". That was three generations ago. If there's anything Chinese in my blood, it must be about 0.03%.
"But you look like Chinese. Do you always get that from people?"
"… Sometimes? Maybe…?"
"But you do have Chinese features..."
He stared at me for two seconds before continued asking, "Are you Russian?"
WHAATT??
"NOOO....."
Give it up, will ya?
He paused at my expression.
"Err... that's good, because this may take an hour."
........
???
Oh, what he asked was, "Are you rushing?"
God =D.
Comments