Survivor 33, Episode 2

"LOVE GOGGLES"


Oww Mari. Hannah wasn't talking about puppies, and Michelle is a good recruiter after all. Yeap, the next time you want people to do something, all you have to say is "Just jump over the cliff, buddy. I'll tell you why later."

I'm not annoyed with Adam as much as before. Just found out that he's a superfan*. Now I can understand a little of his overexcitement, or even his grinning. But he's still yelling at me. We'll see.

*Also because I've already gotten my headache from Fabio and friends, which now includes Hannah and her OTT performance at the voting booth.

I still shouldn't be rooting for anyone on Survivor, though. Now I'm worried for Zeke (it's my fault, Zeke). And often people with a lot of air time at this stage are also early boots. By this theory, David, Zeke, and Fabio and friends are; whilst Lucy (there is a Lucy, I just found out too), Bret and Chris will go far. (Oh my God, I forgot, there is a Sunday too.)

The show is a several-day event crammed into an hour. Maybe Zeke was closer to Jay than what we saw on TV, which made him feel comfortable discussing voting out Figgy with Jay. And maybe he didn't see how close Jay was to Taylor and Figgy, which is hard for me to understand because Jay and Taylor are way too... "bros" for anyone not to notice.

On the other hand, Michaela and Figgy are not best friends. When Millennials loses the immunity, the plan looks pretty straightforward for the non-cool kids; they have the numbers. And Figgy and Taylor are a duo that is as subtle as a stadium spotlight; one of them is going home. But apparently Jay knows how to make two people who can't stand each other work together. And how easy it is for Michaela (and Hannah!) to be swayed to the other side? The power of the Kappa Kappa Survivor, huh? And that's how Mari goes home.

At the Gen X camp, David is doing a good job making fire, finding idol and making an unlikely alliance. I even do not not like Ken because of this.

p/s Since when did Jeff Probst have this nodding-I'm-so-interested-in-your-BS-right-now reaction at tribal?

Image: CBS

Comments