Survivor 32, Episode 4
"SIGNED, SEALED AND DELIVERED"
The medical emergency was overwhelming and scary. But I'm also giving a dirty look to the producers for the score in the background and Caleb's overall edit. Ok, I don't think he did anything wrong. I can believe that he is well-liked by his tribemates and genuinely loves the adventure, but the edit was also a perfect, too sweet setup for the way he departs the game. If you haven't already spoiled, it's like now you'll find things to click. I don't mind being manipulated by TV as long as we both acknowledge that's what's going on here. Chocolate chips* on top is how the show really spells it out for us that Caleb is going to return. I don't have a problem with that,you know, if other contestants are busy but my cold heart still doesn't find Caleb that compelling.
(*I hate cherry.)
That said, I can only imagine being under the sun for an hour, pushing your body -- which already doesn't get enough food, water and rest -- beyond its limit. I probably would have quit within 10 minutes. Also, I'm sure by now we all have a long list of ways on how the medical drama could have been avoided. (Seriously, accidents happen, but it never occured to anyone in production how disastrous digging under 48ºC** for an hour can be? Not even a little bit?)
(**Is this even correct? I live in a hot country. My bitching and moaning can start at 30ºC.)
But what episode is complete without discussing a certain three Brawns. (Ugh!) Jason and Scot aren't getting any more polite to Alecia. Naturally, it's even easier for people, especially those like me who have already called Jason an a**hole last episode, to shred him further this episode.
Let's pause for a second, though.
A – I know these clashes make stories, and we come here for them. We don't condone some of the stories, but here we are, 32 seasons later, still watching the show.
B – It is still not right -- especially the way Scot talks to Alecia this episode -- but perhaps these three just bring out some of the worst in each other. Maybe if Anna were placed in Brawns instead of Alecia, just maybe, Jason and Scot would somehow not see Anna as their punching bag. Because, you know, this is hard on them too, since they really want to help Alecia and all. Maybe it would also be easier for Alecia to jive with people in Beauty instead of with Jason and Scot. It's a tough living condition, and they can't stand each other. Instead of hiding it and making an effort to be a more pleasant person to live with, they alienate each other, some of them probably to a point of bully. It's easy to say "I acted this way" because "the other person was that way", but many others have probably faced the same situation, too, and they did not react hideously. I don't feel like these three are thaaatt annoying individually, but when they come together, suddenly their only goal in life is testing each other's patience.
That said, Jason saying he wants his daughters to be strong, and it upsets him to see a girl, apparently like Alecia, can't even hold a conversation -- OMG -- is one of the stupidest excuses I've ever heard a person tell themselves. I don't think Alecia is the best conversationalist in southeast Michigan either, but I don't think that upsets Jason. I think Jason is just upset that his punching bag punches back.
So at the tribal council that almost didn't happen, Alecia is voted out.
The internet loves Jason (although polarizing), Anna and Tai. There are even predictions of a Jason or Anna win.
I don't think the winner is any of these three (which I know is another idea of mine that you'll find brilliant since I also at one point thought Joaquin could win Worlds Apart).
And I think Anna's and Tai's reactions to a lot of things are often OTT. I feel like Anna, especially on this episode, is doing scenes in a school play. Production will then complete the performance with shots of her hair blown by the wind.
Image: CBS
The medical emergency was overwhelming and scary. But I'm also giving a dirty look to the producers for the score in the background and Caleb's overall edit. Ok, I don't think he did anything wrong. I can believe that he is well-liked by his tribemates and genuinely loves the adventure, but the edit was also a perfect, too sweet setup for the way he departs the game. If you haven't already spoiled, it's like now you'll find things to click. I don't mind being manipulated by TV as long as we both acknowledge that's what's going on here. Chocolate chips* on top is how the show really spells it out for us that Caleb is going to return. I don't have a problem with that,
(*I hate cherry.)
That said, I can only imagine being under the sun for an hour, pushing your body -- which already doesn't get enough food, water and rest -- beyond its limit. I probably would have quit within 10 minutes. Also, I'm sure by now we all have a long list of ways on how the medical drama could have been avoided. (Seriously, accidents happen, but it never occured to anyone in production how disastrous digging under 48ºC** for an hour can be? Not even a little bit?)
(**Is this even correct? I live in a hot country. My bitching and moaning can start at 30ºC.)
But what episode is complete without discussing a certain three Brawns. (Ugh!) Jason and Scot aren't getting any more polite to Alecia. Naturally, it's even easier for people, especially those like me who have already called Jason an a**hole last episode, to shred him further this episode.
Let's pause for a second, though.
A – I know these clashes make stories, and we come here for them. We don't condone some of the stories, but here we are, 32 seasons later, still watching the show.
B – It is still not right -- especially the way Scot talks to Alecia this episode -- but perhaps these three just bring out some of the worst in each other. Maybe if Anna were placed in Brawns instead of Alecia, just maybe, Jason and Scot would somehow not see Anna as their punching bag. Because, you know, this is hard on them too, since they really want to help Alecia and all. Maybe it would also be easier for Alecia to jive with people in Beauty instead of with Jason and Scot. It's a tough living condition, and they can't stand each other. Instead of hiding it and making an effort to be a more pleasant person to live with, they alienate each other, some of them probably to a point of bully. It's easy to say "I acted this way" because "the other person was that way", but many others have probably faced the same situation, too, and they did not react hideously. I don't feel like these three are thaaatt annoying individually, but when they come together, suddenly their only goal in life is testing each other's patience.
That said, Jason saying he wants his daughters to be strong, and it upsets him to see a girl, apparently like Alecia, can't even hold a conversation -- OMG -- is one of the stupidest excuses I've ever heard a person tell themselves. I don't think Alecia is the best conversationalist in southeast Michigan either, but I don't think that upsets Jason. I think Jason is just upset that his punching bag punches back.
So at the tribal council that almost didn't happen, Alecia is voted out.
The internet loves Jason (although polarizing), Anna and Tai. There are even predictions of a Jason or Anna win.
I don't think the winner is any of these three (which I know is another idea of mine that you'll find brilliant since I also at one point thought Joaquin could win Worlds Apart).
And I think Anna's and Tai's reactions to a lot of things are often OTT. I feel like Anna, especially on this episode, is doing scenes in a school play. Production will then complete the performance with shots of her hair blown by the wind.
Image: CBS

Comments