Survivor 31, Episode 4
"WHAT'S THE BEEF"
Sigh. Varner, the best thing to come out of this season yet, is out.
Let's go back a few days.
It's not fun to be Woo. He's probably the most drama-free person on the island, but he's also constantly being reminded by Abi that he wrote her name down. Twice. [Insert Woo rolling his eyes GIF.]
Abi doesn't even approve of Tasha talking to Woo, "I have a problem when you take someone who just voted for me aside and having conversation with him in private."
I imagine Tasha and Woo would rather shave their heads than talk to Abi. It's like managing Joffrey Baratheon.
At Bayon, Stephen's storyline is still about the idol that he'll now never find.
Back at Angkor, everyone's hungry and miserable, and I feel like giving each of them a hug, even Savage.
At the first reward challenge of the season, for the first time, I want Savage to win. I really want them to eat and finally have some energy to weave and build a better shelter. One of my Survivor pet peeves is crappy shelters when these people reportedly have nothing to do on the island.
At Ta Keo, Kass is making a birthday bracelet for Kelley. So the count is now two -- for the number of Cagayans who came to Cambodia without feelings but now have them. I can't wait for Kass to reunite with Spencer. They are so going to hold hands all the time.
Speaking of, I'm positive Spencer and Stephen are wearing matching underwear.
The immunity challenge is brutal. The two loud screams from Spencer just prove, again, that he has feelings, if you still have doubts.
But mainly, it's hard to see Angkor struggling to even move during the puzzle portion of the challenge. I really want these people to get a break. The tribe split might have saved Spencer and Stephen, which is great, but Angkor just got screwed for no reason. It's one thing that they have to build a new shelter. Making them start over with no food is another level of mean.
Good line:
"I can't hear." ~ Keith, three times.
This feels like a slower episode. Not a lot of things are new:
– The weaker tribe with no food and shelter loses immunity again.
– Abi probably has already had too much drama in previous episodes, so her drama this week doesn't feel like it reaches its full potential.
– And Stephen is still obsessed with the idol (yawn).
But let's talk about those that change:
– During the pregame voting phase, Woo and Keith were not my favourites. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive these two guys that I've never met are very nice, probably the nicest out of these 20. Now that they are in, I don't mind if they stay longer. As long as he's not spitting, I'm all for more funny soundbites from Keith. And it was good to see Woo 1) fighting for his life at tribal this episode 2) standing his ground against Spencer and Shirin two episodes before 3) talking strategy at Angkor 4) and, best of all, rolling his eyes in response to Abi.
– I love Kass. Many argue that her decisions in her first season were erratic. Nah, I'm ok with them. But what I love about her the most is her wicked sense of humour. I don't buy this new Kass-with-feelings yet, though -- she hasn't been to tribal, and it's not clear who she's aligned with right now. Whether she's going to be a nice or #chaoskass for the rest of the season, I'm rooting for her to go far. It's good to see the three Luzons, coming from probably one of the worst tribes in Survivor history, playing hard.
– This is tough, but I don't think this is Stephen's season.
I have no winner pick. I can get behind anyone to win at this point, maybe because they are all familiar faces. Wait, so maybe I can't root for Monica because I absolutely have no idea who she is.
Finally, who literally braided Abi's hair? Varner? Tasha? Savage? Woo?
Image: CBS
Sigh. Varner, the best thing to come out of this season yet, is out.
Let's go back a few days.
It's not fun to be Woo. He's probably the most drama-free person on the island, but he's also constantly being reminded by Abi that he wrote her name down. Twice. [Insert Woo rolling his eyes GIF.]
Abi doesn't even approve of Tasha talking to Woo, "I have a problem when you take someone who just voted for me aside and having conversation with him in private."
I imagine Tasha and Woo would rather shave their heads than talk to Abi. It's like managing Joffrey Baratheon.
At Bayon, Stephen's storyline is still about the idol that he'll now never find.
Back at Angkor, everyone's hungry and miserable, and I feel like giving each of them a hug, even Savage.
At the first reward challenge of the season, for the first time, I want Savage to win. I really want them to eat and finally have some energy to weave and build a better shelter. One of my Survivor pet peeves is crappy shelters when these people reportedly have nothing to do on the island.
At Ta Keo, Kass is making a birthday bracelet for Kelley. So the count is now two -- for the number of Cagayans who came to Cambodia without feelings but now have them. I can't wait for Kass to reunite with Spencer. They are so going to hold hands all the time.
Speaking of, I'm positive Spencer and Stephen are wearing matching underwear.
The immunity challenge is brutal. The two loud screams from Spencer just prove, again, that he has feelings, if you still have doubts.
But mainly, it's hard to see Angkor struggling to even move during the puzzle portion of the challenge. I really want these people to get a break. The tribe split might have saved Spencer and Stephen, which is great, but Angkor just got screwed for no reason. It's one thing that they have to build a new shelter. Making them start over with no food is another level of mean.
Good line:
"I can't hear." ~ Keith, three times.
This feels like a slower episode. Not a lot of things are new:
– The weaker tribe with no food and shelter loses immunity again.
– Abi probably has already had too much drama in previous episodes, so her drama this week doesn't feel like it reaches its full potential.
– And Stephen is still obsessed with the idol (yawn).
But let's talk about those that change:
– During the pregame voting phase, Woo and Keith were not my favourites. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive these two guys that I've never met are very nice, probably the nicest out of these 20. Now that they are in, I don't mind if they stay longer. As long as he's not spitting, I'm all for more funny soundbites from Keith. And it was good to see Woo 1) fighting for his life at tribal this episode 2) standing his ground against Spencer and Shirin two episodes before 3) talking strategy at Angkor 4) and, best of all, rolling his eyes in response to Abi.
– I love Kass. Many argue that her decisions in her first season were erratic. Nah, I'm ok with them. But what I love about her the most is her wicked sense of humour. I don't buy this new Kass-with-feelings yet, though -- she hasn't been to tribal, and it's not clear who she's aligned with right now. Whether she's going to be a nice or #chaoskass for the rest of the season, I'm rooting for her to go far. It's good to see the three Luzons, coming from probably one of the worst tribes in Survivor history, playing hard.
– This is tough, but I don't think this is Stephen's season.
I have no winner pick. I can get behind anyone to win at this point, maybe because they are all familiar faces. Wait, so maybe I can't root for Monica because I absolutely have no idea who she is.
Finally, who literally braided Abi's hair? Varner? Tasha? Savage? Woo?
Image: CBS

Comments