Fair
Photo by Joanna Kosinska on Unsplash
Men are lucky. They usually look better without makeup.
I took the train the other day. My four main requests to God every time I take the train are simple:
- Please make it a safe journey.
- Please make it pleasant.
- Please don't give me a ticket for parking my car by the roadside.
- Please don't let me bump into someone that I know when I'm wearing selipar and no makeup.
So I bumped into someone that I know, worse, a client the other day. I'm glad he didn't scream in horror when he saw me and my unwashed hair because I almost did. I hope he'll still believe whatever I say the next time we have a work meeting. I'm embarrassing, but I'm also vain.
Speaking of hair washing, it's quite a scary experience for me these days.
Only because it's important, I'm reporting this to you: I'm growing my hair back. It's chin-length now. It's in its least friendly phase, so I got it relaxed recently. I've stopped using conditioner for a while *gasps* because the last few that I tried kept giving me problems. And because I've been doing too much reading. The result of that is, I'm still looking for a conditioner, one that is without this long list of harmful chemicals they keep warning me about.
See, reading isn't always beneficial. Non-relaxed hair can live without conditioner, but relaxed hair cannot. So, every washing these days is like a battle of detangling and avoiding breakage* (*of my hand). But I'm still in the middle of my research, I can't decide on a conditioner yet.
(I'm also aware that I'm worried about "harmful chemicals" in conditioner and skipping over those in hair relaxers 🙈.)
That male client of mine does not have to worry about blisters from wearing high heels, or makeup, or the constant

Comments