#nofilter (1)

Photo by Ohmky on Unsplash

Gyms are DBs. Their MO always starts by making a potential client feel bad about themselves because "We need to crush these people, then tell them that we are the answer to their unhappy lives." I've stopped feeling guilty about making fun of them a long time ago.

A few months ago, my yoga teacher went for a holiday. Coincidentally, during that time I got a free two-week gym membership from my credit card, so I went to use it knowing I WOULD NOT sign up with them and would only go to its yoga classes. But hey, I thank you for the free pass, and I'll play along.

So I was given a form. (Their words are in blue.)

Questions:
7) How long has it been since you were in great shape?
8) Besides yourself, is there anyone in your life that would stop you from achieving your fitness goals?

I underline the word 'yourself' because I want you to think deeply about it.

And there was a timeline graph on the next page (I edited it a bit to simplify):

Initial stage:
20 - 30 days -- ENERGY INCREASES, TOXINS DECREASE.

Visual stage:
3 - 7 months -- You start to see changes and more importantly so do others.

Results stage:
12 - 15 months
Lifestyle:
(I assume the period after the 15th month) -- So happy with your life.

Oh yes, you potential customer, how long ago were you last in great shape? So, you see, we can make you happy with your life because there is no other way you can be. Equally important, others will see your new fabulous shape in about 3 - 7 months, instead of the current out-of-shape you are now, because God knows how good it is to finally gain approval from them and feel worthy of yourself.

- My other gym encounter in the past.

Comments