Being Healthy
I'd like to believe that I can still run a blog and post regularly. Someday.
Since the last time I posted, I've been thinking about this a lot more: What if I could be calmer, more focused and happier by being healthier?
So I'm a little bit more careful with what I eat today. (The number of times I've written this may or may not mean I'm just trying to convince myself.) Ok, it's ongoing, I'm on and off the wagon constantly, but I'd like to believe that it gets better over time.
I even startedyoga stretching yoga recently when I was back doing Tracy Anderson mat workout, which I now miraculously take only two or three days break between sessions (as opposed to eight months in the past). I needed a simple stretching exercise to warm up before the workout, so I tried some very basic yoga. Turns out, it didn't make me cry it's fine.
I'll probably still stare at you blankly if you start to explain to me all the philosophy behind yoga, by the way. Because all that I'm able to understand at this moment is, every time I push my muscles to do things that they didn't really do before, I feel like I've woken up part of my body a little. Being able to touch my toes again after probably 20 years is pretty awesome too.
Then it brought me to another subject: meditation. Apparently it has changed so many lives -- in a good way, I assume -- so I've been trying it as well. This is even a bigger alien concept to me. I haven't been practicing it regularly yet and most probably haven't been doing it right. But if it has helped so many people to live a better life or, at the very least, relax -- fine, I can tell myself that I can "clear my mind" or something by closing my eyes for 10 minutes.
Since the last time I posted, I've been thinking about this a lot more: What if I could be calmer, more focused and happier by being healthier?
So I'm a little bit more careful with what I eat today. (The number of times I've written this may or may not mean I'm just trying to convince myself.) Ok, it's ongoing, I'm on and off the wagon constantly, but I'd like to believe that it gets better over time.
I even started
I'll probably still stare at you blankly if you start to explain to me all the philosophy behind yoga, by the way. Because all that I'm able to understand at this moment is, every time I push my muscles to do things that they didn't really do before, I feel like I've woken up part of my body a little. Being able to touch my toes again after probably 20 years is pretty awesome too.
Then it brought me to another subject: meditation. Apparently it has changed so many lives -- in a good way, I assume -- so I've been trying it as well. This is even a bigger alien concept to me. I haven't been practicing it regularly yet and most probably haven't been doing it right. But if it has helped so many people to live a better life or, at the very least, relax -- fine, I can tell myself that I can "clear my mind" or something by closing my eyes for 10 minutes.
Comments