Selamat Berpuasa

I've been doing a lot of cooking these past few months — partly to eat healthily. A pinch less MSG, oil, salt and sugar, and an extra cup of fresh-or-not-overcooked vegetables a day adds up to a lot in a year, right?

I still go to, for example, McDonald's, of course. I hate myself a little each time I eagerly grab take the pancake bag, but the drive-thru is so convenient. And the pancakes are so yummy. And I love McDonald's coffee.

Two days before puasa, I went grocery shopping, feeling ambitious, thinking maybe I could try to make kurma or chicken curry for a change. I don't know much about cooking, you knew that already, but anyone who can read can also cook — with instant mixes. So I grabbed four or five packets of those kurma, black pepper, sweet & sour etc mixes, and the dishes turned out ok — as per my standard, which is not very high, I suspect. They only take me about 20 minutes in the kitchen. I'd start at 7 and finish just in time for berbuka. And I haven't burnt any pots yet this time around. Though I'm not sure how instant mixes can even be remotely associated with 'healthy'.

I have to admit, the last time I did a lot of terawih must be when I was in boarding school. You know when you were in boarding school, you even memorized the whole doa and wirid after sembahyang? After school, the most number of terawih that I do in a year must be around... not many.

So I plan to go to as many terawih as possible this year. Hopefully it gives me peace, or something.

By the time I'm writing this, I’ve already gone to a few terawih. And wow, do I have the least fashionable telekung in the room?

(Haha, I can see you're already tense, ready with an appropriate lecture for that question.)

Selamat berpuasa, everyone. Don't forget to give and forgive. And I'd like to apologize to each of you if any of my writings have offended you. (Not that I do that a lot, of course.)

Comments