Six People I'm Possibly Obsessed Of
I've tweeted some of these and deleted them a few hours after that, telling myself: Alright, these have passed. Why put in more time and energy on them? If we were to rank all the issues in the world, these would sit at #3,456,329. So, that settles it.
Only that, I've been fortunate enough to meet these types of people on more than one occasion. Lucky for you who didn't get the chance to read the tweets, I'm going to blog about them now. So, instead of a short 140 characters, let's dedicate a long blog post to the six people I'm possibly obsessed of:
1) People who feel the need to be self-righteous between 98% and 100% of the time.
Ok, you meet this person from time to time in your life. You don't totally hate them, but they do breathe attention. You compliment their choice of healthy food on Monday, they judge your fried chicken on Tuesday. It annoys them deeply if they are not recognized for their deeds, principles and lifestyle. They are obsessed with distinguishing themselves from people who do not possess the same standards as theirs. Catch them when they first embrace a change, suddenly everyone else is clueless.
2) People who have a huge sense of entitlement between 98% and 100% of the time.
Look, sometimes, just because you get up at 5 and leave home earlier than everybody else, it doesn't mean the traffic owes you a smooth journey. Sometimes we work the hardest and do the most right thing, but things still happen. And 97% is a pretty huge quota, I tell ya. Use that. Don't go to 98.
3) People who are involved in minor car accidents and find the need to be drama queens.
4) This man who asked his wife to get him food twice, without saying thanks.
I was having breakfast, and this couple was sitting at the table next to mine. It was a self-service restaurant, and the lady, who I assumed was his wife, got up and took two plates of food and drinks. The husband, who I recognized from his expression was from Planet Gloomy where men are kings and have no smiling chromosome, was not very happy with the food that she took for him. So the wife got up and got in line again to get a replacement, with no thanks from this man. I know this because I was waiting for the thanks. Now why on earth did I eavesdrop and make this my problem? I don't know.
Alright, maybe this guy was not feeling well that day. Maybe he's actually one of the kindest husbands on earth. Maybe that day just wasn't his. Maybe he's usually the one who gets up to get the food. I don't know them, right? What can I make from this five-minute event of two strangers. And what do I know about the mysterious relationship that is marriage. But you and I know this is not really rare, and not all of these men are down with the flu.
5) People whose total number of parodies, jokes or sarcasm that they get in their lifetime is two.
6) People who steal other people's parking spots.
... while he knows for sure that you've been waiting for that very spot. What he doesn't know, however, you've also been waiting for a spot in that aisle for possibly 20 minutes. Being a citizen of Planet Jerk that he is, he'll just walk away and pretend he doesn't see you waving or honking.
Now, I can be that bigger person, use the 97% of my self-righteous quota, take a deep breath, realize I can function in society way better than this a**hole, pretend it never happens and just wait for another spot. Come on, it's only a parking spot.
But at times we are just not in those Rainbows and Butterflies moods. Sometimes it's not our day too. Sometimes we really need that parking spot because we are already late for a meeting, or we overslept that morning, or we had a late night out or a movie marathon -- or some other productive activity -- the night before. The good thing is, this condition only opens up more options for us. Instead of being that cool person above, we can also now use our 97% quota of entitlement and...
... honk like a lunatic. Or we can get out of the car and ask him to shove his car back up his a**. Which would require a bit of energy. Remember we didn't get much sleep the night before, so energy is a bit scarce that morning.
If not because I was afraid that my car would get towed or clamped, I'd save my limited energy and just park my car behind his, blocking his way out, go home by LRT and pick my car up three days later. Only that my car will get towed. Unless, unless I bring my own clamp and key -- nobody can move my car that way, right? Not even a tow truck? But if I already have the clamp and key, why don't I just clamp his car? Maybe it won't be that fun compared to blocking his car with mine?
God, I told ya, I'm obsessed with these people.
Only that, I've been fortunate enough to meet these types of people on more than one occasion. Lucky for you who didn't get the chance to read the tweets, I'm going to blog about them now. So, instead of a short 140 characters, let's dedicate a long blog post to the six people I'm possibly obsessed of:
1) People who feel the need to be self-righteous between 98% and 100% of the time.
Ok, you meet this person from time to time in your life. You don't totally hate them, but they do breathe attention. You compliment their choice of healthy food on Monday, they judge your fried chicken on Tuesday. It annoys them deeply if they are not recognized for their deeds, principles and lifestyle. They are obsessed with distinguishing themselves from people who do not possess the same standards as theirs. Catch them when they first embrace a change, suddenly everyone else is clueless.
2) People who have a huge sense of entitlement between 98% and 100% of the time.
Look, sometimes, just because you get up at 5 and leave home earlier than everybody else, it doesn't mean the traffic owes you a smooth journey. Sometimes we work the hardest and do the most right thing, but things still happen. And 97% is a pretty huge quota, I tell ya. Use that. Don't go to 98.
3) People who are involved in minor car accidents and find the need to be drama queens.
4) This man who asked his wife to get him food twice, without saying thanks.
I was having breakfast, and this couple was sitting at the table next to mine. It was a self-service restaurant, and the lady, who I assumed was his wife, got up and took two plates of food and drinks. The husband, who I recognized from his expression was from Planet Gloomy where men are kings and have no smiling chromosome, was not very happy with the food that she took for him. So the wife got up and got in line again to get a replacement, with no thanks from this man. I know this because I was waiting for the thanks. Now why on earth did I eavesdrop and make this my problem? I don't know.
Alright, maybe this guy was not feeling well that day. Maybe he's actually one of the kindest husbands on earth. Maybe that day just wasn't his. Maybe he's usually the one who gets up to get the food. I don't know them, right? What can I make from this five-minute event of two strangers. And what do I know about the mysterious relationship that is marriage. But you and I know this is not really rare, and not all of these men are down with the flu.
5) People whose total number of parodies, jokes or sarcasm that they get in their lifetime is two.
6) People who steal other people's parking spots.
... while he knows for sure that you've been waiting for that very spot. What he doesn't know, however, you've also been waiting for a spot in that aisle for possibly 20 minutes. Being a citizen of Planet Jerk that he is, he'll just walk away and pretend he doesn't see you waving or honking.
Now, I can be that bigger person, use the 97% of my self-righteous quota, take a deep breath, realize I can function in society way better than this a**hole, pretend it never happens and just wait for another spot. Come on, it's only a parking spot.
But at times we are just not in those Rainbows and Butterflies moods. Sometimes it's not our day too. Sometimes we really need that parking spot because we are already late for a meeting, or we overslept that morning, or we had a late night out or a movie marathon -- or some other productive activity -- the night before. The good thing is, this condition only opens up more options for us. Instead of being that cool person above, we can also now use our 97% quota of entitlement and...
... honk like a lunatic. Or we can get out of the car and ask him to shove his car back up his a**. Which would require a bit of energy. Remember we didn't get much sleep the night before, so energy is a bit scarce that morning.
If not because I was afraid that my car would get towed or clamped, I'd save my limited energy and just park my car behind his, blocking his way out, go home by LRT and pick my car up three days later. Only that my car will get towed. Unless, unless I bring my own clamp and key -- nobody can move my car that way, right? Not even a tow truck? But if I already have the clamp and key, why don't I just clamp his car? Maybe it won't be that fun compared to blocking his car with mine?
God, I told ya, I'm obsessed with these people.
Comments