The Business of Making Other People Happy

If there's one thing I've learned from my recent years' adventure: the most satisfying and self-rewarding thing a person can do for a living is one that makes other people happy.

How many times are we allowed to change careers in a lifetime? I'd say knock yourself out. Be a depressed accountant this year, a clueless chef next year and an even more clueless personal shopper the following year. Ok, I wouldn't take career advice from me either.

My small flaw, however, I get bored easily. No matter how much I love something, there's a chance I'll get bored eventually. I have a huge respect towards anyone who can stay doing the same thing for a straight 10 years. How do they do that? Passion? Patience? Or am I just simply an ungrateful person? Accordingly, I've been doing a bit of questioning and thinking about my work direction lately.

Comments