The Breakup

One of the best money advice I've ever received is "If you want to make a guaranteed 20% return in a year, get rid of your credit cards."

Yeap, it's convenient. It's even necessary -- for online purchases, for example.

No, it was FUN!

But I guess owning only one card should already serve whatever the necessary purpose is. I'm saying goodbye to this one.

Dear Card,

Should there be any incident in the future where my Other (and only) Card, with only a fraction of your credit limit, fails me for whatever reason while I'm in need to pay for something like my ticket home from an impromptu trip to Sao Paulo, and the magic fountain won't spit cash -- then -- I'll be knocking my head really hard for dumping you.

NO. STRIKE THAT. I'LL BE FINE*.

Signed,

X.

*Sao Paulo sounds fine, I think.

Comments