Survival Kit, Item #28: Shoe Pads

(Also on the list: crutches and willpower to stick to a diet.)

I bought two pairs of peep-toes on impulse this week. And one of them is in yellow. What a highly satisfying life decision.

However, after a few hours of wearing the "gorgeous" yellow shoes, they kind of... stretched. So I had to walk around in them with all the difficulties you could imagine this afternoon when they started to come off my feet every five seconds.

I had lunch with Jones in Sogo (closest to her office) for her birthday today. After all the challenges rushing from Bangsar and making a huge turn in a Friday afternoon traffic, Sogo's basement parking was full, and I had to park my car in the EPF building.

Perfect. What an excruciating, long walk to Sogo.

And the whole of Sogo didn't have shoe pads! On the way back down to the basement level, I took the shoes off and went barefoot.

Mid last year, I sprained my ankle. Actually, my whole right leg and upper body were in pain too, even when I lay down. My leg was constantly in pain no matter what I did -- I couldn't bend it, I couldn't straighten it. It made me limp for a few days. Only after about a month, it sort of disappeared. Last week when I ran, the familiar pain came back.

Since I've been a little careful with what I eat and have been doing a lot of stretching have been exercising for the past two weeks, tonight I satisfied my craving for nasi lemak ayam and teh tarik. Plus half a jar of my sister's Beryl chocolate. So, there's probably no point to all this.

Comments