It Was a Different Word
So... sometimes I'd overlook things:
- I woke up this morning, noticing the fan wasn't spinning, and thought the surroundings were too dark. I went out to the living room, checked the main switch and switched on the lights -- they were all functioning. I went back to my room only to realize that I hadn't actually switched the fan on.
- I started drinking green tea today. I brewed the tea according to the instructions, "Pour boiling water onto the teabag and infuse for 3-5 minutes according to taste. Serving size: one teabag for 2L of hot water." Cool. I addedloads of some sugar too, since the instructions do say 'according to taste'. Plus, green for a beverage sounds like it's going to have a funny taste, right?
And does it mean it's normal to drink 2L of green tea a day? Maybe. I've read somewhere that it's advisable to have three to five (or probably more) cups of green tea in a day. We can never have too many antioxidants, can we? Good news is, I won't even have room for coffee later! Maybe this is my answer to quitting coffee.
Only that... the tea was not turning out exactly green. Nothing like what was illustrated on the box. Nevertheless, considering I had loads of tea to drink, I started early. And by noon, I'd already bloated myself with one whole jug of tea and gone to pee millions of times. I was about to put the tea box back in the cabinet when I saw what was written on the box, "... one teabag for 200ml..."
- I read the instructions on the jar of my face mask one day, "Apply a layer including eyes, lips and hair..." Silence. Hair? Then I realized it was "Apply a layer avoiding eyes, lips and hair..." That was close.
But not in below case, obviously:
When I saw this huge Maxis ad at the Lebuhraya Mahameru that read, "Anak-anak yang melayari internet lebih teruk mindanya," I went okayyy... I can understand that... in a way, but why put such ad? When I passed the road again 30 minutes later, they had changed the word to "terbuka". Thank God.
- I woke up this morning, noticing the fan wasn't spinning, and thought the surroundings were too dark. I went out to the living room, checked the main switch and switched on the lights -- they were all functioning. I went back to my room only to realize that I hadn't actually switched the fan on.
- I started drinking green tea today. I brewed the tea according to the instructions, "Pour boiling water onto the teabag and infuse for 3-5 minutes according to taste. Serving size: one teabag for 2L of hot water." Cool. I added
And does it mean it's normal to drink 2L of green tea a day? Maybe. I've read somewhere that it's advisable to have three to five (or probably more) cups of green tea in a day. We can never have too many antioxidants, can we? Good news is, I won't even have room for coffee later! Maybe this is my answer to quitting coffee.
Only that... the tea was not turning out exactly green. Nothing like what was illustrated on the box. Nevertheless, considering I had loads of tea to drink, I started early. And by noon, I'd already bloated myself with one whole jug of tea and gone to pee millions of times. I was about to put the tea box back in the cabinet when I saw what was written on the box, "... one teabag for 200ml..."
- I read the instructions on the jar of my face mask one day, "Apply a layer including eyes, lips and hair..." Silence. Hair? Then I realized it was "Apply a layer avoiding eyes, lips and hair..." That was close.
But not in below case, obviously:
When I saw this huge Maxis ad at the Lebuhraya Mahameru that read, "Anak-anak yang melayari internet lebih teruk mindanya," I went okayyy... I can understand that... in a way, but why put such ad? When I passed the road again 30 minutes later, they had changed the word to "terbuka". Thank God.
Comments