Reality Check

A client insisting on an action that contradicts their goals while insisting on achieving that very same goal is only funny for five seconds.

While my clients amuse me ie their so-called advisor with this, I'm amused by my insurance agent. On how she'd tell me that every disease under the sun will lead to heart complications, soon to death, and how every marriage will see the wife left by the husband when the wife is (or even if she's not) crippled or something. She would continue reminding me these, although my signature is already on the dotted line.

Thinking about it, I must have amused my clients in some ways too. Like when I suggested how my proposal and I were the answer to his quest. This guy sitting across me drives a car and lives in a home that I can only dream of. His weekly entertainment expenses alone might be more than what I make in a month -- and here I am, trying to give him some advice. Gross.

Comments