HK and Langkawi
I went to Hong Kong and Langkawi early this year.
Apparently, HK Disneyland is not as huge as those in the US or Paris. Regardless, the five-year-old in me was still happy with it. I almost 1) watched the Mickey's 4D movie three times and 2) didn't have the heart to eat the Mickey-shaped waffle.
I took over 400 photos and was lucky enough to meet several new people too during the short trip. Just wish I could stay longer.
So I didn't really get the chance to see the shopping complexes or the smaller local clothing shops like I was kind of hoping to, especially when the longest of time was needed to make sense of the map and surroundings. Still, thanks to a friend for being the navigator. Plus, it helps that he speaks the language. Though at times he couldn't really read them either. So we'd blankly stare at an info board or a menu for a very long time, waiting for him to crack the codes.
We did go to Dongmen in Shenzhen and a night market in Mongkok* for bargains. They were ok, but I imagine you could still find similar stuff in Sg Wang. I bought one dress anyway for no reason and a pair of selipar because it was raining and my shoes were soaking wet. (*I think it was Mongkok because most of the times I'd be lost.)
And how I just want to forget some of the gastronomic adventures -- what happens in Hong Kong should stay in Hong Kong.
Langkawi was a
- I'm trying to figure out how to transport pictures from my PC to the printing shop. Despite the convenience of keeping them in the PC, I still love admiring my


Comments