Chocolate
Shopaholic & Baby, the paperback, is still not released* yet, and I still refuse to buy the twice-the-price hardcover. (*I'm so holding my life until it is.)
(It was sad to learn about the passing of Sidney Sheldon earlier this year. I've read all his books. Going to miss reading for the new ones.)
I read John Grisham's The Innocent Man a while ago. If you've read it, you may find it gripping or... boring(?). I was hooked till the last page and couldn't get it out of my head for a few days.
The book tells the horrific true story of Ron Williamson, who was wrongly convicted for rape and murder, strapping him to the death row for 11 years. Before the poor choices got him into trouble, and the series of losing hope and untreated illness, this guy was once a baseball star in his youth and blessed with a family that loved and supported him unconditionally. Imagine the different life paths each of us could have with one variable changed.
There are times when I do feel like I've screwed things up, and when it's accompanied by ahormonal craving for chocolate cake, like today, I try to convince myself — maybe — maybe if I have it first thing today, the rest of the day is going to be ok. So I went to have it with latte this morning while trying to do some serious thinking. Of course it makes no difference. Although, the cake, a chocolate indulgence, was absolutely rich and super delicious.
About Ron Williamson and the Innocence Project
Image: jgrisham.com
(It was sad to learn about the passing of Sidney Sheldon earlier this year. I've read all his books. Going to miss reading for the new ones.)
I read John Grisham's The Innocent Man a while ago. If you've read it, you may find it gripping or... boring(?). I was hooked till the last page and couldn't get it out of my head for a few days.
The book tells the horrific true story of Ron Williamson, who was wrongly convicted for rape and murder, strapping him to the death row for 11 years. Before the poor choices got him into trouble, and the series of losing hope and untreated illness, this guy was once a baseball star in his youth and blessed with a family that loved and supported him unconditionally. Imagine the different life paths each of us could have with one variable changed.
There are times when I do feel like I've screwed things up, and when it's accompanied by a
About Ron Williamson and the Innocence Project
Image: jgrisham.com

Comments