Slides, Movie and Illustration

On one of the long weekends this year, the whole family and I went to X Water Park, spending the whole afternoon screaming and shouting at each other (louder than usual), going down the slides. I didn't realize how steep some of the slides were until the moment I was pushed down. But it must be nothing compared to this (via Reddit) called Insano at Beach Park, Brazil. Man, that looks like just jumping off from an eight-storey building.

I went to the market the next day with my sisters to buy fish, chicken and seafood for our BBQ and steamboat dinner that night. I do buy groceries for myself from time to time -- milk, fruits, one bag of vegetables and one slice of chicken. Buying dinner for 20, however, requires skill. And we drove to three places to find the last three bottles of BBQ sauce in town. The dinner was delicious, by the way. I wish I could eat a lot more than I did.

We didn't really have any games this time (there was this new UNO game they played that I didn't understand a thing and passed after one round), so my nephew suggested we make movies of our weekend (initially as a 'competition'). Five laptops out, seven hopefuls excited, only two stayed till the end. I made one when I got back to KL. I have a different kind of respect for people who make movies now. Editing and mixing one-minute-long movie took me two hours.

I tried Illustrator this month. I managed to focus a total of two minutes watching the tutorial, so I went 'trial and error' instead. The first almost circle that I drew took me ages to complete. I thought it was supposed to be a magic software with templates and stuff. It was not. But maybe I'll do more of this.

Had I taken a different path and studied a different thing many-years ago, I might not find creative work enjoyable anymore today. I'm connecting the dots. Plus, I heard being mathematically accurate is very crucial if you want to make real buildings.

Here's to weekends of family, water slides and races, BBQ and steamboat dinners, and to my first movie and Illustrator drawing.


Notes:

– I wanted to draw a less over-cheerful face, you know, preferably with a model-like-nonchalant expression as a blog and Twitter profile picture -- because skills this massive are meant to be shown off, clearly. After spending hours (hours, I tell ya!) trying to draw a mouth to achieve that effect to no avail, I gave up and had to settle with whatever shape that resembles a mouth the closest.

Baby Noble is getting more adorable by the day. She talks a lot, and I can finally hold her now! My nephew Nirzdan just started his first year at MRSM P*kan last month.

– I wish I could finally find the time to watch all of this year's award season movies.

Comments