Would You Change?
Someone I know makes a lifestyle change because her new family 'encourages' her to.
This person is not so fond of the idea but her soft heart led her to.
If this were me, would I do it because eg 'my' partner wants me to?
Ha.
Good thing is, most of the time I get the concept of space and place. I'd keep my opinion to myself, although the blunt side of me would be rolling on the floor wanting to let it out. I am lucky my parents alwayshave to let me make my own decision.
Oh wait, plus this is not a bridge that I have tocross cross yet.
I know friends who work hard and are doing well with their careers, only to let it go to accommodate changes in family.
I guess that is love. You compromise or something, I don't know the right word. You probably take turn and make way to achieve one goal at a time because of the circumstances. It makes you happy to make your loved ones happy.
Just like when I'm happy to accompany my parents to weddings of people that I don't know, I suppose. It annoys me immensely attending weddings of people that I don't know. But it makes me happy to accompany my parents.
People even change religion for love.
So, would you change for work?
Why does changing for work often seem more acceptable? I have a friend who wears headscarf for a post in Islamic banking. I twice had meetings in a company that asks everyone including visitors to take off their shoes when entering the building. High heels are not the most comfortable thing to wear but I hesitated for one second, "Man, I don't want to take off my shoes. They look good with my outfit..." Shoe-less in a work meeting feels weird, it makes me feel like I'm attending a kenduri. I don't think I can ever work in a company that asks its employees to take off their shoes in the office.
It was hard for me to understand the idea ofkeep having to change and sacrifice 'for love'. But after I looked into some of the logics of changing for work, it started to make sense a little. What doesn't make sense? People even change for people that they loathe.
(Check this again with me from time to time.)
This person is not so fond of the idea but her soft heart led her to.
If this were me, would I do it because eg 'my' partner wants me to?
Ha.
Good thing is, most of the time I get the concept of space and place. I'd keep my opinion to myself, although the blunt side of me would be rolling on the floor wanting to let it out. I am lucky my parents always
Oh wait, plus this is not a bridge that I have to
I know friends who work hard and are doing well with their careers, only to let it go to accommodate changes in family.
I guess that is love. You compromise or something, I don't know the right word. You probably take turn and make way to achieve one goal at a time because of the circumstances. It makes you happy to make your loved ones happy.
Just like when I'm happy to accompany my parents to weddings of people that I don't know, I suppose. It annoys me immensely attending weddings of people that I don't know. But it makes me happy to accompany my parents.
People even change religion for love.
So, would you change for work?
Why does changing for work often seem more acceptable? I have a friend who wears headscarf for a post in Islamic banking. I twice had meetings in a company that asks everyone including visitors to take off their shoes when entering the building. High heels are not the most comfortable thing to wear but I hesitated for one second, "Man, I don't want to take off my shoes. They look good with my outfit..." Shoe-less in a work meeting feels weird, it makes me feel like I'm attending a kenduri. I don't think I can ever work in a company that asks its employees to take off their shoes in the office.
It was hard for me to understand the idea of
(Check this again with me from time to time.)
Comments