Another Weekend Trip
Since mid last week, I've been having this mild headache and pre-cold symptoms that aren't really bad but have been constantly bothering me.
I went to Penang on Saturday morning, anyway, and couldn't wait to see everyone (reads: four people). We reached the first stop for the weekend ie Ave's wedding, well, almost on time. I drove. Half of the journey was in the rain. And I'm a careful and courteous and safe and smart driver, of course.
I love wedding food -- rich, all fat, high carbs, served buffet, and this one's complete with a round of teh tarik and bahulu. Lyle, Jones (who flew there) and I were the last to leave. So we did some catching up. If I always think that selling is nerve-racking, I should try Lyle's job -- she prosecutes drug traffickers for a living! I can't stop dropping her name these days: "Owh, my friend Lyle is a DPP..."
Then we picked my sister up at her uni and spent the rest of the afternoon climbing Penang Hill (err, by tram), enjoying the view of Penang from 735m above sea level.
Luckily, room was not that difficult to get that night, considering it was just a week before the election. So we stayed at Traders, the first hotel that we called and could locate, next to the tallest building on the island (I think), aka our landmark to going anywhere: Komtar. Since I'm not familiar with Penang, I'm just glad I survived the driving.
Surprisingly, I like Batu Ferringhi night market, as I can't say the same about KL's Uptown or Petaling Street. It definitely has tons of pretty dresses, bags, home decors and accessoriesand good DVDs.
Went for a swim (at the pool, adventurous) the next morning for my annual five-minute swimming event, followed by a sauna because after two laps of swimming, your body needs to be healed properly.
We stopped by the Tokong Ular in the afternoon. I only saw, like, four snakes, which is perfectly fine with me since they don't really put the snakes in cages. Or maybe I should be more concerned about the snakes that I couldn't see... OMG I'm scarred now.
Then we went on another gastronomic adventure at the famous Hameedyah's nasi briyani in Campbell Street. If you've never tried it, maybe you'd think the taste is going to be too rich based on the colour of the rice, but surprisingly, it's just delicious. Note: eat with fingers.
The last stop before heading home was the Queensbay Mall. Didn't buy anything other than just spending an hour at Starbucks, having coffee that I never like, because I never learn.
So the 6-hour drive home was a real endurance test with my poor night vision, not so smooth traffic and weather (it rained almost the entire journey), and seeing three accidents along the way. (For the record, I've done a 12-hour drive before.)
This morning, the mild pre-cold symptoms went from bad to worse.
I went to Penang on Saturday morning, anyway, and couldn't wait to see everyone (reads: four people). We reached the first stop for the weekend ie Ave's wedding, well, almost on time. I drove. Half of the journey was in the rain. And I'm a careful and courteous and safe and smart driver, of course.
I love wedding food -- rich, all fat, high carbs, served buffet, and this one's complete with a round of teh tarik and bahulu. Lyle, Jones (who flew there) and I were the last to leave. So we did some catching up. If I always think that selling is nerve-racking, I should try Lyle's job -- she prosecutes drug traffickers for a living! I can't stop dropping her name these days: "Owh, my friend Lyle is a DPP..."
Then we picked my sister up at her uni and spent the rest of the afternoon climbing Penang Hill (err, by tram), enjoying the view of Penang from 735m above sea level.
Luckily, room was not that difficult to get that night, considering it was just a week before the election. So we stayed at Traders, the first hotel that we called and could locate, next to the tallest building on the island (I think), aka our landmark to going anywhere: Komtar. Since I'm not familiar with Penang, I'm just glad I survived the driving.
Surprisingly, I like Batu Ferringhi night market, as I can't say the same about KL's Uptown or Petaling Street. It definitely has tons of pretty dresses, bags, home decors and accessories
Went for a swim (at the pool, adventurous) the next morning for my annual five-minute swimming event, followed by a sauna because after two laps of swimming, your body needs to be healed properly.
We stopped by the Tokong Ular in the afternoon. I only saw, like, four snakes, which is perfectly fine with me since they don't really put the snakes in cages. Or maybe I should be more concerned about the snakes that I couldn't see... OMG I'm scarred now.
Then we went on another gastronomic adventure at the famous Hameedyah's nasi briyani in Campbell Street. If you've never tried it, maybe you'd think the taste is going to be too rich based on the colour of the rice, but surprisingly, it's just delicious. Note: eat with fingers.
The last stop before heading home was the Queensbay Mall. Didn't buy anything other than just spending an hour at Starbucks, having coffee that I never like, because I never learn.
So the 6-hour drive home was a real endurance test with my poor night vision, not so smooth traffic and weather (it rained almost the entire journey), and seeing three accidents along the way. (For the record, I've done a 12-hour drive before.)
This morning, the mild pre-cold symptoms went from bad to worse.
Comments